Now you can pre-purcahse your fuel...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Yarbough

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the new program that allows you to pre-purchase fuel to lock in the price? This just launched yesterday and I think it's going to become very popular in the very near future. Check it out...

Last edited by a moderator:
A station in St. Cloud, MN, has been doing that for years. I know a guy who bought something like $30,000 worth of gas back when it was about a buck a gallon. His wife thought he was nuts at the time. He still has over half of it left, and his wife now thinks he's a genius.

Guy truly is a genius, can you imagine having over 15K gal in reserve at a buck per.

hell he could sell it to his friends at 3, become a hero and make 15 grand on his investment.

If crude oil would hit $200 a barrel, U.S. motorists must brace for pump prices to rise as high as $6.64 a gallon.

Maybe it wouln't be a bad idea to buy it at $4 a gallon.

Up here in Canada we are paying 5.10 us gal. Our prices have gone up recently as well, but we have been living with higher prices up here for quite some time so the % change in price "shock factor" is not as high...

I'm not so much worred about what I pay at the pump though to fill my truck as in the long run thats not too big a deal really. What worries me much more is the increases everywhere else due to fuel costs in what I buy and use such as food, travel expenses, shipping costs, etc, etc, etc. That has a much bigger impact across the board for all of us.

Eric

Got my stimulas ck, so I filled up the trac, filled up the stang, filled up the wifes cooper, filled up the kids eclipse 300 bux, thats good for two weeks, 600 hun a month, thats 7200 hun a yr.

plus an across the brd 15/20% for food.

My health insurance (that I pay 100% go's up 15 % per yr) thats 8 grand a yr (never had a claim)

I retired two yrs ago, gotta go back to work and work till I drop.

retirement is a dream that will never happen for most of you youngens am afraid.

$40 a year for the manual replenishment plan. If you save an average of $.12 a gallon over the year, that's a buck for every 8 gallons, so 80 gallons to break even. Getting a mix of city and highway of 16 MPG on my 4.0 2003, that'd only be 1280 miles, to get to the break even point. Heck, I have an RV that just used 38 gallons to get to destination I visit once a year.

Very tempting to try to pre-buy a year's worth of gas, but I wonder about the long term viability and integrity of this particular outfit. You'd be gambling that they'll be around long enough for you to use all the gas you pre-paid for. It'd be mighty tempting for some shyster to float this idea, and vamoose with the $. I will do some digging, before I jump.

Bill said,

I retired two yrs ago, gotta go back to work and work till I drop.

retirement is a dream that will never happen for most of you youngens am afraid.

Same here Bill, Im 58. Looks like my wife will get what she wanted. She left because I would'nt come out of retirement.

Yea Eddie

50 %, been there done that.

Things are getting downright frightfull. kids can't get summer jobs at minumum wage because retirees are snapping them up, shit my paperboy is 76 years old.

can'y make any money on CDs at 2 %, than get taxed on the gain.

To old (60) to dabble in the stock market, cannot make back what i could lose)

sold the RV 3 yrs ago, would cost today 600 bux to take a weekend trip down the coast.

sold the trophy home 3 yrs ago before the market crashed (thx God) got killed on capital gains tax tho (60K)

Live in a gated retirment communty now, 2000 homes, 80 % condos, nice quite.

I have a single family home, home owners dues are about 200 a month.people some of which have lived out here for 40 years in the condos have to pay 700 a month, alot are losing there homes as they cannot afford to pay the dues, they have no place to go, alot of them are in there 80s and are being turned out on the street.

four more yrs i will take my SS and get my medicare, I worked forit, I want it.

Hated retirement, am a worker Bee, always have been, never worked for anyone,have always been self employed.

started a new buis a couple mos ago, 100% cash, i refuse to pay taxs anymore, i paid my dues, if I die before i get my SS, you guys get the 150 grand i paid into the system, my family will get nothing, plan on living till 80, want to suck my acct dry, and i will still be working(because if you stop working, you DIE)

See there's the problem, you guys plan on living to retirement. :lol: My lifestyle makes it much more likely I'll die of liver failure or skin cancer before I die of old age (saw that on a bumper sticker) :lol:

Pre-purchase, sounds like a deal and a scam. I tried to do a search for fuel only within 5miles of my zip and it kept giving me business' around that do automotive work, not actually giving me locations for fuel, and yes I selected only unleaded fuel option.

Times like these, I wish I was old enough to get SS and Medicare. Had saw on the news earlier this year... They reported that Medicare will be spent by 2019 and SS will be spent by 2032. So yeah, looks like I have nothing to look forward to. YAY!

My lifestyle makes it much more likely I'll die of liver failure or skin cancer before I die of old age

A few weeks ago I went to my Dermo Doc and I've been diagnosed with Actinic Keratosis. Too many days on the beach and outdoor concerts I suppose. :(

So, I already know that I'll never retire.....the only way is if I won a lottery for some mega bucks.

My motto in life has always been....."I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends" :)