Nothing like East Texas weather....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judd Quarles

Reaction score
If you have ever heard the saying, "If you don't like the weather in Texas wait a while and it will change," it is pretty accurate.

For the last couple of weeks, we had highs around 85. A cold front came through early Wednesday morning complete with a hail storm, etc.

Now...the forecast was for lows today in the high 30s with the possibility of low 30s for tomorrow and Monday morning.

When I left this morning...it was cold but imagine my surprise coming out of the doctor's office at 11:00 to see snow (and actual big flakes at that). They have been falling for around an hour and a half from what people are saying and are still falling as I type this. The temp is hovering around 36 and probably will not get much warmer today. I've seen this in March around here, but never April.

Oh well...it will probably be back to 85 degrees within a week.

I feel real bad for you guys. I live on lake Erie 40 miles from Buffalo!! We see a few flakes now and then.

GO SABRES!!!

Samething in maryland. was 80 acouple days ago but this morning it was 38 with snow on the ground but now its sunny out about 45 but windy.

I live in Central Texas, and the weather has been just as crazy. We even has some sleet early this morning. High temperature reached a wopping 37-degrees. It's 33 degrees now and it will get even colder tonight.

I have lived here for nearly 24 years and never seen this kind of weather in April. Usually the terperature in April never drops below 60 degrees.

Global warming my ass!

...Rich

woke up real early this morning in emporia, virginia to 1-2 inches of snow on our way back from sunny florida. snow in maryland as well !

got back to long island, no snow ! . just cold temps :(

what about global warming ? :unsure:

Yeah...somehow global warming is making early April about 30- 40 degrees cooler in my area. Plus...prior to spring, we had some of the coldest high temperatures I can remember. Our lows weren't that bad in Jan. and Feb. (mid to high 20s) but we had quite a few days where the high was 32-38. Global warming...yeah right.

We are supposed to get about 1" of snow by morning. It was snowing late this afternoon and it was sticking to the ground and bushes.

If we get 1" of snow in 5 years it would be suprising, much less an 1" in April???

This is really crazy. We hardly ever have spring. It goes directly from winter to summer. We had temperatures in the high 80's already in March, but I have never seen freezing weather in April here in Texas.

The only other time in my life that I seen snow on Easter was in Germany back in 1969, and even then, the Germans were suprised. I have seen 22" of snow in May, but that was in the alps and as soon as you drove down out of the mountains the ground there was no snow.

...Rich

Record highs in January, record lows in April (set to break a record low of 60

years here in Middle Tennesse tonight!). Global warming my fat tukkus!!!

Check out the link...

the most snowfall I have seen in years here in central texas. In April? What a day. Had to drive 60 miles to get home in snow and sleet. It may sound the norm to a bunch of you guys depending on where you live. not here though. wow!

In North East Arkansas, we saw 90 two weeks ago.

It snowed in North West Arkansas this weekend.

My garden? Yep time to replant.

We nearly had to turn on the A/C (my wife is 6+ months pregnant and heat was taking a toll). When I left my house this morning the heater was running.

Thanks Al Gore for all your hard work.

Latest posts