Not Sure Which Engine I Have

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Main

Reaction score
I have a new 2010 Trac. I am trying to determine which engine it has. I understand it should be either a 4.0 V6 or a 4.6 V8. I counted the spark plugs and there are six.

However, there is a badge on the center console that says it is a SYNC engine powered by Microsoft. I checked with the Geek Squad at Best Buy and they said it is probably Windows 7. I counted the windows and my Trac only has four, not seven. I am confused.

If you counted 6 spark plugs its a 4.0 V6.

SYNC and windows 7 and all that stuff have nothing to do with which engine you have.

However, there is a badge on the center console that says it is a SYNC engine powered by Microsoft. I checked with the Geek Squad at Best Buy and they said it is probably Windows 7. I counted the windows and my Trac only has four, not seven. I am confused.

So am I.

Tom

LaRue,,good question. I do like their spark plugs. No worry about the gap..

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
You multiply the number of spark plugs on the right side by the number on the left side then divide that by the number of windows then subtract the number of spare tires you have that will give you the number of cylinders.

:haveabeer:

It may have the "Fred Flintstone" option code that uses 2 feet drive. You need to check the SYNC for yabbadabbado field. Thats the clue...

Latest posts