Not So Pristine Anymore

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Well, almost one month from being 8 yrs old. The Trac took a whack today.

No pics yet. Traveling in the left lane through an intersection. On a one way street. Woman decided to make a left turn from the right hand lane. She turned into my Trac while beside her.:fire:

It is drivable. She took out the right front rim, lower rocker panels, and Sheet metal. All the way down to and including the right rear rim. Bent the wheel alighnment. When the steering wheel is level. The right front tire is about a 1/2 inch rightward. Something is shakey when the right rear wheel hits a bump. Might have busted the shock. When it cools off I will eyeball adjust the tie rod. For better drivability. Do some more inspection.

At first she tells me her left turn signal was on. I told her, this is a one way street. You cant make a left from the right lane. straight or turn right only. She says OH!

I have never heard of her insurance company. Niether has my USAA rep. My rep Will get the ball rolling with her insurance. USAA said, they will take care of it. With no penalty or deductable, if hers stalls.

I was realy hopeing this would never happen. Since Ford droped the Trac & parts getting scarce....:angry:

Did I say I was going to get it washed.......not now......

She got the citation.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear Eddie. I just got mine back on Friday afternoon from being rearended again.....people in toronto just can't drive.

Crap Eddie, that really sucks. Most important that you're OK. Keep posted. :cry:

I saw that commercial with the father and son washing the dents out of the car. I wonder if it works?......I wish. Sorry to hear my friend, but it can be fixed and you're ok. All that matters. Bob

I'm pissed with her reply "...her signal was on...". WTH?!

Sorry you were victimized by somebody else's ignorance.

you can rebuild him you have the tech.....

get it to the shop make them check it all not just t the cometik stuff the hub and axle bearings .....sound s like it was qiute ahit

signal or not you still have to turn your head and look:angry:

hang it there and again sorry it happened

Sorry for your unfortunate incident. Mine was side swiped from the drivers door to the rear bumper including the rear wheel and tire. Took 2 months to get all the parts and do the body work and align total was about 8k using all new Ford parts. My agent told me it was within about $500 of being totaled in MD the use the 80% of book value rule. Good luck and I hope it all works out well.

What I dont understand is. Once she made contact at the front wheel. She evidentaly didnt turn back to the right. She rode the impact all the way to the other side of the intersection.

I have never turned left from the right lane, wrongly. But, my natural reaction in my own past incidents, was to steer away from impact.

Therefore the damage was all the way to the rear tire. If she made a qaurter turn to the right. The damage would not have been as bad. Just the initial impact point.

I think back of the slow motion. I was actualy hit twice. As if she was determined to continue her turn. She had no steering damage. We both were drive aways.

Latest posts