noise cancelling headphones

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Rutt

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase some noise cancelling headphones for my son for Christmas. Has anyone owned or had any experience with any NC headphones.

Right now I'm looking at 3 different ones. They are the Sennheiser PXC 450 ,Bose quiet comfort 15 and the Audio Technica ATHANC7.

I have read thru quite a few reviews and they all seem to contradict one another. I have tried the Bose and, as most Bose products, they do work well. That is the only brand I have been able to try in person. My son does quite a bit of air travel and he is looking for something to use to make his travel more relaxing.

Any experiences or opinions would be helpful.

Thanks Markr

MarkR,

I'm thinking of getting the Bose headphones for no other reason than they seem to have set the bar (whether others are hitting it or not, not the issues to me), and they offer 0% financing for up to 1 year, with monthly installments billed to your existing credit card. That's a great deal for me.

TJR

I'm sure you won't go wrong with Bose. They are Pioneers at making small things sound incredible. I'm on my second set of RCA HPNC300 noise cancelling headphones bought at TheSource. Only reason I'm on set # 2 is because my son (now 9) broke my first set a few years back.

For the $50ish I paid for them I think they work great. I used to travel quite a bit (1-2 weeks out of the month) and they are great for busy spots like airports. They seem to hush the hustle and bustle. You still hear if someone speaks next to you, but it hushes all the background ruckus....kinda hard to describe without actually turning them on and off. It also turns the hum/roar of an airplane engine into a really low white noise static.

The great thing about these is they fold up nice and neat and the frame is real sturddy. Almost enough to hold the weight of a 6 or 7 year old.....almost:D

Also they come with the airline type double mono connection (not that many airlines still use them) and a pouch to hold everything in.

Good luck with your purchase!

Denis

The Sennheiser PXC-450's are amazing and at least $50 less than the of the Bose QuietComfort 15's. I have used the Sennheiser's multiple times and am very satisfied. ( I am a Sennheiser AND Bose dealer) The Bose, as with ALL their products, tend to be overpriced. The "build quality" of most of their competitors products, is usually much better, IMO.

ESPECIALLY with Bose speakers. Open them up, you will find very mediocre components, such as the drivers, crossovers, enclosures, etc. Most don't even use tweeters.

Unfortunately, it's hard to demo any of the headphones, in NC mode, unless you're on a moving plane. If any of the dealers offers a trial, better for you. Get opinions and read reviews, like you are doing. Good Luck.

P.S.- I carry the Bose line because it brings customers I normally WOULD NOT get.

P.S.S.- Bose DOES offer a 30 day money back trial guarantee, if you buy it from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts