No Recirculate Mode?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Ohnsman

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's not there 'cause if so, I sure can't find it! Most vehicles I've had in the past have had a "recirculate" mode in the ventilation system (useful on a cold day for more quickly warming up the interior instead of bringing in cold outside air). If my '03 ST has this I'm not finding it.

Yep--you can have it blow warm A/C air. It's no different than the defrost setting in the winter, which also uses the A/C's drying feature.

So, no - there is no recirc. mode like you want. The only recirc. is as the others have noted - with the AC on, you then have to blend-in heat.

My family currently has a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium that we coincidentally bought on Vladimir Putin’s seventieth birthday (2022‑10‑07). I had this same question because I am used to quickly turning on recirculate before driving through something such as dust or smoke that I do not want to enter the cabin but could not find a recirculate mode either, think I searched the paper copy of the owner’s manual too but not sure because it was in May or earlier. This topic was the first result when I queried Yandex Search for “Sport Trac recirculate” today.

Latest posts