no pcv?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello...I took my 2001 Sportrac in for a regular service at my local Ford dealer in preparation for a NY to Seattle and back trip starting next week. It has 196,000 miles on it and going strong.

I asked for the fuel filter and pcv valve to be replaced. When I piced it up they advised me that my engine doesn't have a pcv valve? I thought this odd as every engine I've ever had before has one.

Probably why I've never had it replaced in the past???

Anyone else run into this? I really thought it had one, though I searched for it myself to replace it and never could find it.

Thanks

Steve

IF it is a job 1 ST it has one on the back center of the engine..

IF it is a job 2 motor it is on the drivers side valve cover...

There is a project on changing it... i wrote the project since i was told the same thing by the dealer here..... none the less I am glad they are closed...

Todd Z

Thanks Todd...yes, I've read your project to replace it. It details replacing it when its on the driver's side valve cover (rear), does it not? Mine isn't there.

My TB is aluminum and my oil fill tube is on the driver's side.

I honestly cannot find anything resembling what might be the pcv on the rear intake of the engine.

This all started when I first asked my Goodyear mechanic to replace it a whle back. He said he couldn't find the correct pcv at any of the parts places. So I just ignored it. Then brought it up again when I took it to the dealer.

The dealer told me that there isn't a pcv listed AT ALL for my VIN number.

Its running just fine and so I guess I'll just forget about it...still bit of a mystery to me???

Thanks again.

Steve

Tom...I think I've found it. I'm headed to the dealer now to find the guy who told me it didn't have a pcv at all to show it to him. With any luck I can get a part number and someone there can at least replace it...

Good grief!

Thanks.

Steve

I'm not surprised that it's hard to find in parts catalogs. Vendors don't seem to be consistent with their categorization of this part.

On RockAuto.com's website, it was under "Emission/PCV Valve"

It was even harder to find on the Motorcraft website. They don't even list the Job 1 OHV V6 for the 2001 Trac. But I finally found it under 2000 Explorer. But Motorcraft has it under the group "Engine Filters & PCV".

The Motorcraft part number for a 2001 Sport Trac Job 1 4.0 OHV V6 is EV225.

it is the same as a 2000 explorer if they can not locate it in their parts..

Todd Z

Ok...all done. A new one installed. The parts department at the dealer is a tad more knowledgeable after today...at least with respect to pcv's on the Sportrac.

Thanks...you guys are terrific.

Steve