No More Trac :-(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle Widell

Reaction score
After 5 years of ownership, I no longer have my Trac. I'll miss it, but I opted for a minivan to haul my bikes securely and also for the added enclosed room. Gas mileage and high mileage were also two determining factors. I kept that vehicle for longer than any other. It's hauled bicycles, moved my possessions to new residences twice, seen me through a divorce, a couple more failed relationships, hauled mulch, pulled out unwanted trees and bushes, done a million Home Depot runs, and hauled a 5' tall hockey puck on it's roof for a parade. There's more history with that vehicle than any other. I'm now an Olds minivan and Wrangler owner.

Never made it to "trac of the week", but I think it was deserving of recognition. :)

Probably won't be at the ST meet this year, unless we decide to road-trip on my boyfriend's Electraglide (which is definitely a possibility), but I will still be around here! :)

[Broken External Image]:

That's a nice ST Michelle, I know you'll miss it. Good luck with the minivan.

Gas mileage and high mileage were also two determining factors.

And you actually expect to get better MPG with a minivan than your ST?:huh: I've owned minivans in the past, and they get about the same, sometimes worse MPG than my ST. Trying to push what is essentially a huge, heavy brick down the road with a four cylinder or weak V6 isn't very fuel efficient.

Anyway, I know you had your reasons. Yours was one of the best looking and best modified ST's on this site. You've also made significant contributions to this site with the great projects you've submitted. Since you're pretty much a charter member here, be sure to stick around.

Good Luck!:D

It is really a shame to see that Trac go to the hands of some one who will not care for it the way you did...

There are ways to get better MPG.

Another one bites the dust...

Todd Z

Wow. What's next? Caymen trades his ST for a VW Jetta?

Always liked the white and the subtle mods. Definite ST of the Week material.

Wow. What's next? Caymen trades his ST for a VW Jetta?

Not even if Hell freezes over. The next vehicle might be a F-150 SuperCrew with a 4.5L Powerstroke. Till then, I have another 150,000 miles left on my Trac.

Tom

Michelle,

How soon are you going to publish your projects on how to lower the minivan and make your own cold air intake for it?:lol:

WoW, I can't believe it. :( Another long time member sells their Trac. Best of luck to you Michelle. :D FYI, we just filled up tonight w/ $52 ($2.989 / gal), but averaged 19 mpg city/hwy using Wayne Foys gas milage tune on our XCal2. :D

p.s. You could have put an ARE truck cap on like we did. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ST'erriffic, LaRue, and now Michelle. Three of the sweetest ST's on this site have left the fold.

Hate to hear it, Michelle. Good luck with your new ride.

Although, rolling in to the Louisville Meet on a Harley would be cool. :cool:

Here's the first mod I did on my minivan... I made an inside bike rack. I can haul 3 bikes and still have 4 people with the front bucket seats in place. That's my daughter's road bike.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts