NO MORE KEITH URBAN (OR GARTH BROOKS) Keith Urban

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On behalf of the U.S. I would like to apologize for the friendly fire and cutting your military personnel in half. :p:lol::D:huh:

Just kidding, of course. I couldn't resist.

Has Urban/Garth even made a cd in the past 10 years? I don't listen to his crap any way but I cannot believe he would do something that stupid. As for the Canadians, can't really blame them for not wanting to get to involved. As more and more of our troops keep getting killed, I'm becoming a little less optimistic about this war every day.

Richard L hit it on the head!

I hate all the crap that gets passed back and forth too. I also hate that everything has become so polarizing: you are either an ULTRA LIBERAL DEMOCRAT or you are an ULTRA CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN.

Truth be known is most folks are in the middle.

However, the scary thing is that some folks ARE being swayed to think that they are an ULTRA, and they are being swayed to HATE anyone with an alternative opinion.

This polarization in politics has caused more damage than we will ever know...

Until recently (about the last 6 months) there were more canadian soldiers killed by US friendly fire over the past 5 years then by people we were fighting.

Who says we ain't sly and slowly killing off canadians NOW?!!

FTW.

Didn't Keith Urban recently check himself into drug rehab? That is not a myth, wait..I read that on AOL News...so it could be ha ha!!

You all know I don't like the political debates, but really, you just do not do 3 things in life.

Questions a Canadians heritage, their patrism and their beer! :)

Big D I read what you are saying. :)

Carry on all~ have fun! ~ oh and Hello! :D

TJR, It sounds good on paper. But in practice outscourcing is not the answer because it actually ends up costing the taxpayer more. Take it from one that used to work in Fedral Govt. You've got the people in govt. to admin. the contract plus their over head, the contractors cost which includes their overhead, and then on top of that you have someone in Fed. Govt. to make sure the contractor did the job correctly plus overhead. Are you starting to get the picture? I rest my case. :(

Please identify the source and factual data for this misinformation.

The Garth brooks thing is BS. Canada losing more soldiers to US fire than to unfriendlies in Afghanistan is unfortunately true. The four soldiers killed by friendly fire were our first losses there so hit especially hard. This was widely reported on all the Canadian news media at the time and especially here in Alberta as Edmonton was their home town. I imagine it had significantly less coverage in the states though. That said, is Wikipedia a good enough source for you?

Rodger, outsourcing has been going on for decades. It started when the companies let go their own accountants and payroll people and outsourced that non-core portion of their business to outsiders. Companies have been doing it for decades with legal, janitorial, maintenance, IT, and other such staffs, allowing themselves to focus on their core businesses.

So, that type of outsourcing I assume we would all say is good. To get a better product, cheaper, and to allow yourself to focus on your core business is a good thing, right?

I'm not saying that ALL forms of outsourcing are helpful, but outsourcing started as a way to get better, cheaper services, which means the company outsourcing can keep costs low, profits higher, and prices it charges to the end consumer in check.

Sure, there will always be some outsourcing that doesn't work. But if a company needs good or service XYZ, and it can get that good or service more cheaply outside of the company, or even outside of the country, then I say, what is wrong with that?

Resting your case on a bad govt job experience example doesn't really prove much. You can't screw anything up royally until you get the govt involved.

I work in one of the most outsourced industries there is IT, and trust me, there is NO problem! Outsourcing adds value.

TJR

18 Apr 2002, 4 canadians killed, 8 injured. This was the bomb incident. F-16 pilot dropped it as he said in self-defense (he's in a war remember) at what he believed to be an enemy ambush. Yes, this was an unfortunate incident and I do feel for the lost canadians (yes, I am military and have been in the sand too), but this appears to be taken out of context of a war ... unforunately four lost their lives, but this is not as sensational as it seems to be portrayed here. Oh, found one more that was shot as part of a NATO group, so that's five.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess this helps in confirming that many Americans are ignorant to any other humans in the world - other than themselves.

Well, I don't know about Keith Urban or Garth Brooks, I can't speak for all Americans, and up to now I have generally liked Canadians but...

I will say this to any and all Canadians that believe the above quote...

Feel free to come on down to the Land of Dixie and explain to us how "ignorant to other humans" we are.

Don't worry about the weather...we'll provide you with a very "chilly reception" to make you feel just like you're back home.

Oh, by the way...we'll leave the light on for you.

Rodger, I won't debate what the ACoE is doing, but it doesn't surprise me. Many branches of the govt are outsourcing more and more things that should be done in-house and domestically. I can't understand why that is. Used to be of all the organizations you could expect to "eat our own dog food" it was the govt.

Maybe we need some new officials elected.

Two weeks baby!

OTOH, I used to be a big fan but I will no longer buy any Bruce Springsteen CD's or go to concerts since he went all (Lefty) political and goes on minor rants during his shows. He has a right to his opinion but I have a right not to give him any of my money.

Questions a Canadians heritage, their patrism and their beer!

I will question that junk called "Molsen Canadian"... now Rickard's Red and Sleemans... now that is some good stuff. Wish I could get that here in the "land of ignorance" (namely Arkansas).

I could only hope that Urban said that and I would applaud Mr. Brooks (Said with deep respect and admiration) for what he did (if true).

Having just been to drive by the naval base in Victoria, AB, I love the picture that AdamCKach posted.... it looks familiar for some reason. I do love that C&R eligible, 50+ year old No. 1 MkIII Enfield the guy has. I used to have 8 of those... sold them all. Wish I had kept one of them.

Would all the Canadains in the crown please stand up and take Michael J. Fox and Celene Dion back home with you? We ignorant Americans would appreciate it.

I'll give Canadian Politics one thing.... Thier parties are not trying to hide who they are. They have the Liberal Party, the Conservative Party, the Green Party and the Marajuana Party...

What type of jobs, though? And what is the transferrability of a blue collor, un- or semi-skilled laborer who seeks to enter a new field?

What does it matter? They are jobs that provide an income and keep people off welfare and pay taxes. I personally know of atleast a dozen people who were laid off over the past 5 years. All of them found new jobs and of the 12, 10 found jobs that pay better, and the other two.... paid the same, nearly to the penny.

I'm sorry if you lost your $75,000/year Union job and have to take you GED back and get a $40,000 manufacturing job. That sucks to be you. But you know what? You'll survive. If you work hard enough, you can get back to that $75,000 job either by moving up, getting additional education and skills or getting an entirely different job.

What the unemployment figures don't show is the number of new entreprenours that have struck out on their own the last 5 years. With low interest rates on business loans, it's been easy to open a shop. I know of 4-5 people that have done that, two of which opened their own machine shop. They all make decent money.

Why does the Goberment need to do anything for you? Maybe you should turn it around and do as the Leftist Icon JFK said and ask what can you do for your country.... I am paying my taxes, working hard to support my family so the goberment doesn't have to and doing my best to educate the ignorant folks on the facts of life.

Latest posts