No Ford Super Bowl commercial?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Chase

Reaction score
So was it a good marketing decision to not spend $3M on a Super Bowl Commercial? Both Chevy and Chrysler had a commercial(s). Although I honestly thought the Clint Eastwood commercial was for the Auto Union until the end of it when I saw "Imported from Detroit." It's also bad the Chevy Apocolypse commercial ripped on ford and people are talking about it today.

On a side note, I felt the Doritio's commercial with the dog was the best.

I guess Ford didn't tax us enough to afford Super Bowl commercials. If anything, it tells me they're more concerned with good financial decisions and making great vehicles than hyping some kind of "resurrection" that's already been bought and paid for with my tax money.

In related news, that Chrysler 200 is about the most bland looking vehicle I've seen in a while.

The Fiat is interesting but the red/black is hideous.

Excited to see more info about the new NSX. Looks beautiful.

I'm more inclined to purposefully avoid Anheuser-Busch's disgusting beers for smaller brews since they openly ally with GE.

Doritos are tasty but the aftertaste and Doritos-breath still keep me away. Good commercials, though, and my wife was in hysterics over the one with the baby and old lady.

Overall, a forgettable collection of commercials and a game in which I hated both teams. Glad to see Brady not get his 4th ring, though. Fellow Steelers fans will understand why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ford and Chevy fought over that $7 million dollar spot, yeah that's right, $7 million. Ford was right not to waste it's money IMO and I guess Ford thought so too. He'll most if not all the commercials were posted on YouTube a couple days earlier for free advertising.

I guess the "halftime"/Eastwood commercial was actually a 2 minute spot so it cost them an estimated $14 million ($3.5M per 30 second spot). Wonder if that will create more than $14 million dollars in revenue for them. I think Ford did the right thing not waisting that much money.

A commercial touting "It's halftime in America", and "Imported from Detroit"... brought to you by a company that's 58% Italian-owned (Fiat). :bwahaha:

:banghead:

I agree that Ford did not need to spend the big money on a Super Bowl commercial. Their everyday commercials are doing just fine to keep them at the top of their game. GM and Dodge are so far behind they must be pretty desperate to pay that much money for a single commercial....Perhaps that tells us why they needed bailouts...Poor management !

...Rich

Yeah, I saw 2 or 3 Ford commercials..

Todd Z

watched about 1/2 of the commercial and as george & todd said, ford pulled out a few year old mustang commercial w/ jeter driving.

prob was a regional air.

why advertise when a solid product sells it s self

although i can find a use for the 3mill. if ford wants to share

:btddhorse:

Latest posts