nitrous...?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A an 80ish Vette can be a C3, up until 1982, and a when sombody says Corvette a FAST C4 that comes to mind to any Vette affecionado is the ZR1. I've seen C4 ZR1's hanging/pulling with modified C5's and Stock C5 Z06's.

How do I know this, my buddies 94 ZR1 hangs/pulls with my mild modified C5 and will kill me on the top end on long straightaways.

Not for an extra 30 grand, besides, ZO6s are like BMWs, Rolex watchs and Hemerroids, sooner or later everyone will have one, in my town, is one on every corner.

I prefer to own one of only 43 made:)

Last edited by a moderator:
after 20 years it is still faster than anything you own :p

Are you sure about that?

You want me to take both your cars? The Corvette in the mix could make the trip to NY worthwhile. I would trade the Z for a tank of gas.

Tom

tom,

over the years i have heard, blah, blah , blah.

but you bring nothing to the table :huh:

bill,

respect your choice. the two don't compare as the vette is far superior.:)

Seriously Gary, I was never a fan of the C4's. In thier time, they were nice, but nothing world class. The closest Corvette I would have considered in the C4, would have been the ZR-1.

The C5 and C6 is when Chevrolet got serious about the Corvette.

I am not dogging the Corvette or trying to put down the C4. I am just saying what the magazines have said about the C4. GM did very little with the Vette during those years. They were nice, but given a choice between a C4 Vette or the same year Mustang, the Mustang would win.

Make me that offer now...I will be driving a Corvette.

Front engine, rear tranny, great handling, awesome brakes, etc., etc., etc. There is just so much to love with the new Vettes. A worth car, IMO.

The C4 I always looked at as ho hum.

Tom

Both cars do have there attributes, but to say the vette is far superior, is just not right.

have you ever driven a Roush stage 3 and a ZO on a Road course?

If not than do so and you will have a differant tude.

Is the ZO superior straight line, yep, a bit, but it is not track car by any stretch.

You tout the 94 ZR1s, at 3600 lbs and only 405 H.P. by todays standards, that would be a wallowing pig.JMO:)

tom,

when the C-4 was introduced, it was proven to be an outstanding handling and performing car at that time. the body style did grow old as it approached the early 90's, but still a great overall sports car for the money. pre 2005 stock mustang gt's were running mid to low 14's, so i don't think it is to shabby for a 20 year old vehicle to be right there. btw, the wifes 350Z is faster than the pre 05 gt. and yes, the C-5 and C-6 are better, but i think we can contibute that to newer technology.

bill,

sorry was never a big mustang fan ( probably not the best thing to say on a ford website! ).

but, like i have said in the past, i will always respect what others drive.

i have not driven a stage 3, but have driven an 08 ZO-6. it's obvious why i prefer the vette.

please provide me with results that show that the stage 3 will outrun the ZO-6 on a road course.

the new Z-06 is in a class of world best sports cars (for the money as well)

as far as the 90,s ZR-1, sure in today's standards it is not king of the hill, but back 15 years ago it sure was. even today it will probably beat any stock mustang other than a few if that.

and don't forget about the new ZR-1 :D

when the C-4 was introduced, it was proven to be an outstanding handling and performing car at that time.

That was because it matched what was out there. The C5 and C6 raised the bar and became the car to catch, not the car playing catch-up.

Tom

tom,

i am confused :huh:

what domestic did it match??????????

since you think the C-4 looks blah, i am going to provide these for you. not bad after 20 years

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

ooops !

Are you impressed there is no body rust?

The C5/C6 Corvette raised the bar on what the world offers. Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc. have competition in the new Vette's. The C4 was the American Sports car that everyone loved because it was a Vette not because it was a world class car.

Tom

yea, no rust on the matrix :D

the C-4 was far superior to any domestic and can run with some "world class" vehicles.

wait, was not the C-4 union made ?

the table is still empty :huh:

Gary,

I give up. The C4 Corvette was simply the best car ever made. People that owned Ferrari's of those same years wished they would have gotten a C4 Corvette instead. I mean, look at it.

Long hood.

Front engine with a front tranny

Goofy digital dash

Automatic

Simply incredible.

If only the C5 and C6 were half the car the C4 was.

The C4 was FASTER than a Ferrari and a Porsche.

The C6 Vette is SO much slower than the Porsche's are.

Tom

ZR1 will be king of the hill for sure, am very impessed what the zo vette can do in a N/A mode, with a 7 liter engine.

My engine is a tiny 4.6l (281 cubic inches) non N/A.

the ZO makes 505 H.P, mine makes 470 (has been modded)

35 HP on a road course makes very little diff.

The vette has a 300lb wgt advantage over the stage 3.

Both cars pull 1G on the skid pad (the only two american cars made that can)

Have run the road course at Thunderhill (twice) with an instructor.

And infinion twice, with an instructor, the ZOs have never given me any grief, because it comes down to drivers and instructors (am just learning road coursing and do not pretend to be an expert driver)

Big HP will not make a great road car in the twistys.

I have a friend that has a stage 3 roush with a built engine, she makes 606 RWHP with a KB blower, thats over 700 crank, my instructor can drive my car and blow her doors off, buts he is a pro.

all things being equal, I love all the new HYPO cars, am thinking about selling the Roush and getting a GTO.

You mentioned the pre 05 Gts, yep they were sort of dawgs, but the 03/04 cobras would run high 11s on DRs OEM

bill,

thanks for the info and you are 100% correct that a 4.6 will not match the H.P. of a much larger engine. but i admitt that it does a damm good job at being there.

and yes, it appears that they will near match on a road track, but i would lean toward the vette. J/M/O/.

on a side note, keep the stage 3, you will be diappointed with the GTO, just again my opinion.

good luck on the road track

tom,

for once you get it :lol:

i thought all vettes had fiberglass bodies

I am fully aware of that. I like it when you go to a car show and somebody looks at a Vette and says "That body is perfect. Not a spot of rust on it". :D

I think Gary is one of those guys.

Tom

it was kinda a question on my part. i have always thought that they were all made of fiberglass but didnt know for sure, thought maybe the cheaper models weren fiberglass or something.

Latest posts