Next Mod

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keola P

Reaction score
Got my xcal 3 a few days ago and installed the 91 performance tune. As far as performance goes with the underhood mods I've done so far, I'm satisfied at this point. I plan on upgrading the coil and wires soon for good measure.

What are your opinions on the y pipe?

Some people say that for what you get out of it it isn't worth the time or the money.

i think most peoples favorite part about the y-pipe is the improvement on sound, not necessarily the power gain. when i looked into it everyone said "it will sound so much better". Not to take away from zabtek but if i do something to the y-pipe it will be just pull it out cut out the cats and weld some pipe in where they were. a lot of shops will refuse to do this for you however because of emissions laws. I was told though that as long as i left the last cat in line that i would still pass emissions and not throw a code, hope this helps you out

Keola,

You can remove all cats with programing......

As for leaving 1 cat for emissions ( as long as they don't look for the Pre cats) you need the 1 in front of the rear 02 sensor... the other 3 can go by by.....

By looking at your profile you have the basic mods done....

From this point on most of the mods for performance are going to be 150-200 plus each...

IT gets expensive, but most of the higher cost mods will net you 3-6 HP or so...

IT all depends what you want and how much your willing to pay for it....

Todd Z

HawiiianST, I'll be hangin in Kailua starting on the 9th, will defiantly at bellows on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Former Navy - Aviation,

Kailua is a home away from home. Our best friend live there.

Bellows, Beach area opens every friday afternoon for the weekend, mostly locals only know about this. Good body surfin,, you got to look out for the portugese man-o-war babies though.. they sting like hell if they wrap you..

We visit our friends in enchanted lakes area of Kailua often, many of thier friends consider us ohana at this point.

Aloha!

Latest posts