New vehicle Poll, new ST, old ST & Fusion, Diesel?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon W

Reaction score
Hi all.

So once again, everything is bacl in order with my 150k mile ST. (See "Maybe time to buy a new one" from Jul. 21st to see the conclusion of the srung spring in the door lock).

Now back to considering what my next vehicle move will be. My Trac has been great and I would be happy driving it another 5 years. But, at 150k miles, I have to seriously consider a new full time vehicle. My main criteria is Domestic. I don't want to debate or cause any stirs, but my personal preference, regardless of price, performance, and value, and mergers, are domestic cars (Ford, GM, DaimerChrysler-yes, I know that's foreign now). Second crteria is I need a truck, or at the very minimum a capable SUV. Like everyone, gas is kind of a concern. So that in mind I am thinking.

1. Trade the current ST in for a new one. I love everything about about the new ones, but the chrome grill is awkward to me and I wish they gave it a taller-loooking stance (not necessarily more ground clearance, but an obvious truck appearance, like Toyota does with Tacoma). Plus if i remember correctly, there was a major change in the new St's that makes them much less of a truck and more car-like, but i can't remember what it was now.

2. Keep the current ST (I only own $4000 more), and buy a midside, probably a Fusion, used CTS, Charger, or MAYBE a Caliber - I'm undecided on the Calibers style though.

3. Keep driving the current ST into the ground, and hope, like I have for the last 5 years, that in "another two years" there will be a Ford Diesel. Can you imagine a V-6 CRD in a ST? 25-30mpg with BETTER performance? (if it can happen for the Jeep Liberty, why not the ST. Thats my dream anyway.

4. Grab an 06 CRD Liberty, or wait til 08.

Can anyone straighten me out?

Regards,

Brandon

Pay your Trac on and drive it into the ground. With 150,000 miles on it and you still owe, you have no other choice then to keep driving it.

You owe more then it is worth. What is wrong with that picture?

Tom

option#1 is ur best bet. New ST'S are an awesome vehicle. Know from experience to avoid all daim/chrysler products as mentioned in option #2.

Yeah, option 2 is the most likely, not only for what is owed vs. milage, but because is the least expensive way.

The local dealer, Koons Ford, will actually give me about 4500-5000 on trade, and I am sure I could find a young driver with $6000 or $7000 burning a hole in thier pocket.

The big question mark for me is how many more 100 mile bumpy city and highway days it can take before something comes along I can't fix.

It still looks GOOOD with a $100 detail, the yearly birthday present from my old man.

Brandon

Keep the Sport Trac and get a Fusion. I love my Fusion. It's an 06 SE V6. I have been getting around 24 mpg city and got 30.6 mpg highway while on vacation last week. The car has plenty of room for the wife and I. Got it up to 95mph on the highway and it felt like as smooth as it does at 55.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Option #2

My second vehicle is the Ford Fusion SEL V6. Beautiful car. No probs yet

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is the SEL V6

here is a pic of the inside. you can't beat the price and the amount of options in this car.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey in just 30 more years Brandon your Trac will be considered a "classic" and worth a fortune! :rolleyes:

I know you want US, but if you looking at the fusion I would go Mazda. The 6 is basicly teh same thing. And some dealers will tell the the same. the Madza is only a little more and a better car. My Wufe has the 04 6 Sport Wagon with everything and It was a year end model and around 23K with the 6/100k warranty. I mean that i a no brainer. and 7% at the end of 04. not bad. now, there are few things to upgrade on it and it's 220HP already, plus 22-24 MPG. Our's is at 250. and with the rear seats down the rear is the same size at the bed of a ranger.

Our only issue is witht he 17"s that came witht he $280 tire, nice hun. and a 6 disc with no MP3.

and by the way it only the 2nd forien car I've owned in my 20+ years of drive and I really do like it, but I love my ST. :cool:

that was the effect i was going for. No i'm kidding, i placed the wrong pic in the message. i have one that is smaller.

sorry everyone

patrick pierobon

Can I put my vote in here? All 100% for the 07 ST, any model/price range, a good TRUCK, as well as a great family vehicle, let alone, what the towing capabilities, camping, hiking, etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,buy a new ST, folks, you'll love it!!

Latest posts