New Toy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Bought a '96 Kubota L2900 compact tractor last weekend. It has a 32 HP 3 cyl diesel, 4x4 and differential lock. Came with a frontend loader, brush hog, back blade and box blade with diggers. Really nice shape for its age. Everything works well.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Very nice Tractor.

Go to www.kubota.com and click on PARTS to go to on-line parts catalog. Very helpful for diagrams and part numbers when servicing your tractor.

Enjoy your new toy, Bill

Thanks. The tractor came with the original owners manual for the tractor and loader.

This forum seems to have some knowledgeable members: www.orangetractortalks.com

My place of employment has a B3200. Makes life a lot easier keeping up with grounds work. It is also pretty easy to work on and do regular maintenance.

Nice. My stress relief is hunting and working with the tractor. Haven't had much tractor work to do the last couple months but January is gonna be fun.

Get a harrow and you'll make beautiful food plots with very little effort in just a couple hours.:banana:

The harrow sounds like a good idea. I have a small field on my property in PA that is perfect for a food plot which is one of the reasons why I bought a tractor. As a matter of fact, both myself and a friend shot decent eight point bucks during this past archery season out of the same stand that I put up along the edge of that field last summer. The neighbor leases his fields to a local farmer which helps attract the deer as well. They bed along the ridges on my property and travel through my woods and field on the way to his crops every evening. A small food plot might give them an even better reason to stop for a snack on their way to his fields.

I would also like to add a small backhoe attachment but the main use for the Kubota will be as a replacement for the old rust bucket Jimmy plow truck that the previous owner left behind. What a POS eyesore that thing is. My house is 900 feet from the highway along an unpaved lane through the woods so I needed something to plow snow that is a little more dependable than that thing. The back blade that's mounted on the Kubota should do OK but I would really like to adapt the plow blade from the Jimmy to the Kubota's frontend loader.

While I'm spending your money, lol, if your driveway is as much fun as mine at keeping smooth, you'll appreciate this. I also use it to smooth the food plots before planting, then use the drag to cover seed.

Actually the entire lane is in pretty good shape. I only own the driveway part anyway which is about 200 feet long and limestone covered. The main dirt road belongs to the neighbor and he has a construction business and some much bigger equipment than me to maintain it. He also has a separate road to his house which means he doesn't need to plow the road to my driveway. He graciously leaves that up to me.

:grin: