New to the Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross Sherwood

Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals

New to the States and new to driving the Trac....Watching the world go by while driving the V8 Trac is a nice experience.. Very smooth and quiet ride.

Picked up an 08 Adrenalin with 50K miles on it for 22,000. Seems like an OK deal so far.

So far I've changed the engine oil, brake oil, and steering fluid for peace of mind. Planning on changing the coolant and trans fluid and perhaps diff fluid as well.

Seems like the Explorer power plants have a drinking problem....just have to live with it...

Looking forward to getting the new Throttle Body from Todd in the mail.

Is there an easy way to change out the trans fluid? I bought a fluid pump but not sure where to hook it up to.

Ross as an owner of a '10 Black STA myself, I sometimes wish I had a red one too, in order to bring out the contrasting black grille. Enjoy your ride. Simply put all the colors of Gen 2 STA's are nice though. It's just the special black grille is lost on a black STA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ross, nice truck. I've got its sibling - an 08, same color. The diff fluid is a cinch, as Ford put both drain and fill plugs on the housing. Hint: drop the spare tire to free up room. I recommend AMSOIL Severe Gear 75W-140. The transmission is a different story. Ford removed the dipstick tube on this 6R60 tranny, and the "dipstick" is a small plug just above the pan on passenger side - conveniently located close to the hot catalytic converter! Easiest way for service is to take it to a shop (Ford or a good quick lube) that has a flush machine. If you go to Ford they'll tell you "It's not due til 150K" but they'll do it if you insist. For longest transmission life I recommend dropping the pan to change the filter. Most of the wear particles are generated in the first 15K. Fluid is Mercon LV - I use AMSOIL's Low Viscosity ATF.[Broken External Image]:, the blue label. Call or PM me for pricing on this or any other AMSOIL product.

thanks for the feedback guys...

Yeah the red really makes it POP...it seems to get its fair share of attention out on the street. I think the wife fell in love with it faster than I did when she first saw it.

I'm planning on doing some kayaking ,hang gliding so that's why I went with the trac. I guess I'll have to fit some kind of rear rack system...maybe one that flips down when not in use.

Black STs look good but yeah the detail of the grille seems to get lost...sterling/cyber gray would be a hot combo..

Radiator fluid looks pretty sad too..

Do you guys change your own spark plugs? I read that they can get stuck in the head??

I am partial to Green and blue !!!

WELCOME TO THE SITE !!!

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts