New to me 2010 adrenaline owner.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Lots to learn as it’s my first ford , first truck and well first adrenaline as well.
To be brief it’s a 2010 adrenaline and I don’t even know if it’s a 2wd or awd. Would love some help finding out. It has some minor issues and I would like help in fixing those and helping me get the truck to its best condition. It’s missing the bed bars ( I don’t know what it’s called the pivotable bar in the bed). The driver side window doesn’t roll down and the right rear blinker doesn’t work. Other than that I have yet to find any issues with it. It has 130,000kms on it.

Hoping to learn a lot here. Thank you and I m located in Atlantic Canada.
IMG_4456.jpeg

Welcome to the Herd; lots of friendly knowledgable folk in these forums.
Good looking SportTrac!

Thank you. I wanna know if I paid too much for this .

2010 sport trac adrenaline with 138,000 Kms on it. I fell in love when I went to see it,

The things wrong with it are listed below. I also got 4 rims and winter tires with it from the seller.

It needs some minor work done, the rear window to the bed doesn’t work ( it’s power window), it needs a replacement right indicator light socket, needs a replacement front lower ball joint, rear trailing arm bushing and then it should be great. I wanted to get a rear view camera and upgrade the disc player it came with. Any suggestions?
Also what’s the best product in your opinion to get the leather seats back to its best possible condition?

How do you mean upgrade the cd player? Or will you replace it with a NAV unit?

Also at the moment I m struggling to find a front left ( drivers side) power window motor. If anyone can suggest a place to get this in stock. That would be great

Also what’s the best product in your opinion to get the leather seats back to its best possible condition?
Lexol is my go to leather treatment. Used it on footwear many years ago, and have used it in most of my cars for over 25 years. There's better smelling, more attractive solutions for leather care, but Lexol is hard to beat.

Welcome.

WELCOME !!! There's a wealth of information on this board. Congrats on the truck.

welcome HR. I have the same truck with now 190k. I have had it since new.
The front bearings tend to not last, hitting curbs can kill them. The window parts should be findable as they are shared with all explorers. I have got a lot of parts from wrench monkey dot com. How are your rocker panels and cab corners? Road salt is their enemy. There is some good info on the stereo and camera here. My understanding is if you change the stereo head unit, you you need to change out the amps under the rear seat. Factory omh and power is not market standard. I have not seen anyone say they still work.

i honestly dint know. I ll take photos and videos and share here. So you guys can advise me on the condition of stuff. I am no expert.
The driver side window motor is non existent on any website, I m able to find other door motors just not the driver side z wrench monkey gave up. They said it’s hard to get. I have tried several other websites. Hard to get. I m looking at mercury mountaineer parts which this shares a lot with .

I managed to find the bed extender on market place for $50 CAD. I ll get it today as my truck did not come with it

Last edited:
Today, I managed to program a new set of key and key fob to use on the truck.

And I ONLY GOT ONE SET OF KEY/key fob and remote start with the truck.

ONLY ONE ORIGINAL KEY? READ ON, it will definitely work, BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE A REMOTE STARTER.

if you have one original key and a remote starter. Then you can program a spare key ( not key fob, that’s a different process ) .

First sit in the car/truck.
Then press remote start (hold) to start the car/truck, BUT before it starts the engine, press the brake ( this simulates, a key turn, as your car/truck DID NOT start the engine) . Then take the ONE AND ONLY key you have and Turn it ON and OFF (making sure to NOT turn the ignition and start the car/truck). Take out the key (the one and only)and Immediately after take the new cut key (unprogrammed) and put it in the ignition and turn it ON AND OFF.

That’s it , it should be programmed. You should be able to START the car/truck by turning the newly programmed key in the ignition.

welcome HR. I have the same truck with now 190k. I have had it since new.
The front bearings tend to not last, hitting curbs can kill them. The window parts should be findable as they are shared with all explorers. I have got a lot of parts from wrench monkey dot com. How are your rocker panels and cab corners? Road salt is their enemy. There is some good info on the stereo and camera here. My understanding is if you change the stereo head unit, you you need to change out the amps under the rear seat. Factory omh and power is not market standard. I have not seen anyone say they still work.
Here are some photos I took on the underside and engine bay. Please let me know if the the rust is bad.

Attachments

• IMG_4531.jpeg
    IMG_4531.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4532.jpeg
    IMG_4532.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4530.jpeg
    IMG_4530.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4528.jpeg
    IMG_4528.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4527.jpeg
    IMG_4527.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4543.jpeg
    IMG_4543.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4544.jpeg
    IMG_4544.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4542.jpeg
    IMG_4542.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
If that’s true. I m happy. If it’s sarcasm I ll be devastated. I m not good at discerning sarcasm.

He ain’t being sarcastic…..lol. Frame looks good. Also something I did on my Trac when I got it was to crank down the spare tire all the way and then lather up the cable with some never-seize, and used a can of penetrating oil on the lift mechanism and any other part of the spare tire system that moves. They get a lot of water and salt abuse up under the bed and I’d hate to have it fail when I’m trying to change a tire along the road. I repeat the process every summer.

He ain’t being sarcastic…..lol. Frame looks good. Also something I did on my Trac when I got it was to crank down the spare tire all the way and then lather up the cable with some never-seize, and used a can of penetrating oil on the lift mechanism and any other part of the spare tire system that moves. They get a lot of water and salt abuse up under the bed and I’d hate to have it fail when I’m trying to change a tire along the road. I repeat the process every summer.
Most relevant, practical and helpful information. I will do this. Thanks

Latest posts