New to me 2002 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 78575

Reaction score
Just picked up this as a tinker project/beater with a heater to play with.
2002 tan 4.0 4x4 with just a little over 250k on the odometer. mostly just little things, 22yo rubber hoses and brittle plastic clips on wire plugs. slowly working though the little bugs as I go. One external rust spot and then the normal undercarrage stuff but nothing breaking.

Attachments

• IMG_2472.jpg
    IMG_2472.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2473.jpg
    IMG_2473.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2474.jpg
    IMG_2474.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2475.jpg
    IMG_2475.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2476.jpg
    IMG_2476.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2477.jpg
    IMG_2477.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2479.jpg
    IMG_2479.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Welcome to the site.

Looks like a solid start for a project. Be sure to inspect the undercarriage really well for rust if you haven't already.

Welcome !!! Have fun with it !!!

Welcome and congrats

If i found a beater slash play rig 4x4, i would cut fenders out and put some flares and bigger mudders and enjoy, they have great low pull for wheeling, armor the bottom and shocks and tires and you can wheel it for 500ish and fix it as it breaks.

Looking through the photographs you shared leaves me wondering if West Virginia is one of the states that does not require a front licence plate on vehicles. Missouri seems to be the closest I have been to West Virginia so far. I am assuming that the licence plate on your Sport Trac in the photographs is for WV because of the geolocation in your user profile. Does your Sport Trac have the numeric door lock code written on something behind the rear seats? I saw at least one source, a video on YouTube, do not know if the specific video is still up, that said this code is written on something, some type of box I think, behind the rear seats but by the 2003 model year that my family has that box seems to no longer be there. Yes, the video is still up.

Looking through the photographs you shared leaves me wondering if West Virginia is one of the states that does not require a front licence plate on vehicles. Missouri seems to be the closest I have been to West Virginia so far. I am assuming that the licence plate on your Sport Trac in the photographs is for WV because of the geolocation in your user profile. Does your Sport Trac have the numeric door lock code written on something behind the rear seats? I saw at least one source, a video on YouTube, do not know if the specific video is still up, that said this code is written on something, some type of box I think, behind the rear seats but by the 2003 model year that my family has that box seems to no longer be there. Yes, the video is still up.
Your correct. It is WV and no, we don’t require a front plate. I know the door code on this one is written on the drivers side edge of the tailgate and inside the drivers door just below the latch.

Latest posts