New tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Stadnicki

Reaction score
Well my '10 ST hit 50k miles and the original Michelins were at the wear bars. They were actually getting scary to drive on prior to reaching the wear bars. After reading all the numerous tire threads on here and my own research I went with some 265/R60/18 Michelin LTX M/S2's for $1,100 out the door. All I can say is wow what a difference! Feels like I'm riding on clouds, super quite, super handling wet & dry and absorbes bumps nicely. Plus they have 70,000 mile warranty!

The Michelins the came stock on my 07 barely made it to 30k miles, with proper inflation and regular rotations... They were down to the wear bars. Michelin offered to replace them, pro rated of course with the exact same tire. I would have gone with another model Michelin tire, but wasn't happy with the Cross-Terrains on my '01 Trac when I had that, and again with them on my '07. I do like Michelin tires, I just felt that this vehicle was too large/heavy for that model of OEM tire. I ended yo going with GoodYear Fortera Silent Armor tires, and am pushing almost 45k miles on them and they will probably get me through to about the middle of next year before I have to replace them.

Looking at the tires you have shown there from Tire Rack, when the time comes I may give them a try. 70k mile warranty is a good deal there, and the price seems fair.. I wonder if Costco has those tires...

I had the Goodyear Fortera Tripletreds on my '07 and liked them. But reading recent reviews there were a lot more complaints about them for noise and wore out fast? I couldn't find a tire that beat the LTX's in customer reviews or ratings.

I wanted those, but couldnt any anywhere in Northern CA last year. Wound up getting Bridgestone Duelers. Good, but got a feeling those LTX's are better.

I've had Michelin's on a couple of cars over the years...they wore out FAST.

When I got the ST in 2000, it was shoed with Firestone which lasted a few years.

I re-tired with Goodyear Wranglers. They are still on and tred is almost like new.

Am really happy with them.

I agree that michelin makes qaulity tires, in some of their lines. But in my opinion and experiance. They are over priced. Nowdays you pay for their name. There are many other brands that are as much as half the price sometimes. In the same comparable type tire. Just as good of milage and service in all areas.

I say save your money and try other brands. IMO and experiance. $1,100, is way too much money. Some folks feel like they got the best 'cause of the $$ spent. It is realy not true.

Michelin built their name in the '60s & '70s. When they were the only qaulity radial in the US. Myself, family and freinds get as good of service, from other major brands for much less $$$, now.

Each to his own, though. I refuse to be overcharged.

I had some General Tires HTS and they were actually pretty good. What impressed me the most about them was the fact they were installed WRONG for about a quarter of their life time (kept on fighting with the dealer to actually... you know... align the darn things) but they still worn down even except for a little fraying on the outer rims. They were a comfort ride, didn't get ride of gravel as nicely as other tires but were pretty good all terrain and DID NOT cost an army and a leg...just a short leg :)

I like the Discoverer HT Plus tires that Eddie has on his Trac. They are the best buy for the money and look VERY GOOD. Only bad thing is they only come in 18"'.

Latest posts