New Tires for the STA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Jolley

Reaction score
Well it's time for new tires on my STA.

Any suggestions for the new ones as far as tire and size? Looking at the Yokohama Parada Spec X, gets good reviews and a very nice price. Also thought I'd go with a 265/50/20 instead of the 255/50/20 to gain a little more width and a tad more sidewall.

The Pirelli's were an ok OEM but I will not buy another set.

Most important things for me are a smooth ride and a quiet ride.

Tell me your thoughts please.

Jeff

I love your trac.

its deff my laptop background.

im only 20 and a broke college student but im plannin and hopin to purchase a

2010 adrenalin in a couple of years. maybe another year model just so i can get

a white one like yours.

jeff,

i always like to shop tirerack.com and read the reviews and test for tires. also the prices are usually pretty good. you can shop vehicle specific as well as try different sizes.

most stock oem's are not the best, imo

how many miles did you get out of the first set?

btw, nice adren :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have these on my '04. They ride and handle very well. Im impressed. Despite the tread, thay are queit on the highway...Reasonable priced.

I'm riding on 265/50/20's, but I have the Kumho Ecsta STX. It was a toss up between Kuhmo and Prada's. I don't recall what made me choose the Kuhmo's but I do like them.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally HATE the street tires on the Adren from the factory..... What ever you do, get a M&S tire.... I so hate the tires on the adren....

Gotta disconnect the 4WD and burn these suckers to the rims !!!

Todd Z

my dad has the parada's on his 20's on his 08 durango, they are quiet, good even treadwear and they look good as well. good on wet pavement and good pulling a 6,000lb center console boat.

Some sort of street pirelli...... 20"

Todd Z

Carey..... I just bought 2 off a member here,,,,, check the S&S and email him... he should be able to tell you.... they were shipped almost bare..

Todd Z

Hey Jeff,

I'm in the new tire market myself (2009 STA). Did you get your new tires yet? What did you get? Are you happy with them? Did you go with OEM size, or did you go with 265's? Any issues with this? How many miles did you get on your Scorpions? I've got 45,000 miles on mine, and they're pretty much shot.

Thx,

Len

Haven't been around lately due to work.

Len I did get new tires and went with Yokohama Parada Spec-X 265-50-20

A couple reasons I went with them is that first off they had great ratings on all the tire sites. They scored especially well in the areas I look at most which are number one road noise, second is traction in wet weather ( we get that here) and tread wear.

I don't have many miles on them yet but I do like them so far. They are quiet for the most part, however on some concrete surfaces they do hum a little and my wife loves the tread pattern. The bigger size definitely changes the stance of the ST and they fill the wheel wells a bit more than original. You can definitely feel the extra rubber on the road , not that they ride rougher but the ride feels more solid.

I'll post up a couple pictures later, heading out to go fishing right now. I definitely lik the way the Trac looks now, I thought it would take away from the lower profile look but it almost seems to enhance it. I've already had a few compliments on it.

Oh and by the way they were much less expensive than some of the comparable tires.

Carey - While I don't know what the stock STA rims weigh standalone, I found some notes I had regarding the wheel and tire weight, that I came up with after I had my chargedtrac dyno'd in May 2010:

Adrenalin wheel with mounted 275/45R20 tires = 64.5 lbs

Stock XLT wheel with 245/65R17 = 58.0 lbs

Joe

Jeff,

Pics with the new rubber on would be great to see. I saw photos of another STA with 265/50R20's, and I'm not sure I liked the look.

L

Latest posts