New Tires for 2010 STA!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Alvin

Reaction score
I tried the search but it did not yield anything I needed.

I have 2010 STA and it is time for new tires. I have been reading reviews and the Firestone Destination ST seems to be the best choice. I live in VA near DC.

I would love to hear your opinions. Also is it worth it to go from the stock 255/50R20 to a slightly wider 275/45R20?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be purchasing tires for my STA in the next couple days. I am going with 275-60-20. It offers more well well coverage, slighty wider tire and more tire brand options.

275/60R20 - I looked this size up and that is a taller tire. You will be doing 71mph and your speedo says 65mph...no thanks.

I should also add that my STA is 4 years old and has only 33k mileage. I am not harsh on my tires by any means.

I went with the hancook Ventas AS and LOVE them !!!

Todd Z

Have about 10K on a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X. Excellent ride, great handiling. Love them.[Broken External Image]:

I just bought a set of Uniroyals based on my tire man's recommendation. He says they are owned by Michelin but 1/2 the price. <$700 installed. Only about 300 miles so far but they feel smooth and ride very quiet.

Michelin are so overpriced.

Ditto!!!!!! You pay about 30% for the name. There are other brands for less$$. That perform as good or better. Yokohama, BFG, Cooper are just 3.

Tires seem to be one of those things that. The brand name gets stuck in some heads. I have been thru many brands of tires, in my life. Im rough on tires. Saved alot $$$, over neighbors, freinds and family. I have seen as many failures or early wear out with mich..as others.

I will say, in the '60s and '70s. Mich had the market for best radials. Radials were new to the USA. IMO, now it is the name.

Just my opinion and everybody's got one, but from many previous experiences ...'93 Explorer Sport, '01 ST, '05 ST and w/getting over 100k miles on some sets that's the tire for me and my ST family.

Just my opinion and everybody's got one, but from many previous experiences ...'93 Explorer Sport, '01 ST, '05 ST and w/getting over 100k miles on some sets that's the tire for me and my ST family.

Are you speaking of the highly regarded and hugely popular LTX M/S or M/S2?

I did a lot of research and decided on these:

Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza P265/50R20

After having my forst set of Pirelli's stock tires wear out at 25K and then the second set at the next 25K mark I decided these don;t wear very well. I went with a wider and higher tire which looks a lot better in my opinion. These are warranted fro 65K. I'm much happier with the ride and handling versus stock.

After having my forst set of Pirelli's stock tires wear out at 25K and then the second set at the next 25K mark I decided these don;t wear very well. I went with a wider and higher tire which looks a lot better in my opinion. These are warranted fro 65K. I'm much happier with the ride and handling versus stock.

Latest posts