New Tire Help!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Maguire

Reaction score
I am looking to get some new tires for my 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4x4. Now all stock my truck fits 255/70-16 tires straight up factory stock no lift or anything. Would a tire size of

265/75-16 affect my truck in any way. Will it cause any rubbing, will it fit the factory 16'' wheel and will any details like that thank you very much everyone hope to hear from you soon.

Hey Kyle!

Here's an answer from FAQ Section:

Frequently Asked Question:

What are the biggest tires that fit on a gen 1 Sport Trac without a lift?

Answer:

265/70-16 - Possible chance of slight rub lock to lock. The 265's are 30.5" tall, and that dimension can vary from tire to tire, mfg to mfg. Some members report running 275/70/16 with minor rubbing as well. Do a site search and you will find more on this topic.

Your speedo will also be about 3% off.....

Todd Z

Do they all come stock with 255s? I just bought my st last week and it has 275s, if so it has less miles than it reads. I thought I noticed it rubs when wheels fully turned

If you have the 5 spoke wheels. They are 255/70-16 and 410 reargears. 4x4 and 4x2.

If you have the tear drop wheels. They are 235/70-16 and 373 rear gears. 4x4 and 4x2.

All gen 1's are this way. Except some of the very early '01's. I think they ofered a 15" steel wheel.

Latest posts