New Struts Front and Rear

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Martinez

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. You may have noticed a trend of me posting. I apologize for my spam, but there's been a lot going on with the ST in the past month.

I feel the need to replace my struts in the front and rear of the trac.

1. What have you guys gotten, and I'm looking for something that makes the truck look a tad lower...if it's at all possible...

2. Is this something I can do? I've got a full array of tools including pneumatic and electric. I used to be a boat mechanic, and I'm quite confident in my mechanic skills. However, boats don't have suspensions obviously...

3. I am on a budget...so I wouldn't be looking to spend more than $400...if at all possible. I have no idea what struts cost...

Gen 1 STs have shocks not struts......

Monroe sensatracks.....

Done....

Todd Z

Ditto on the Sensatracs, but changing the shocks won't lower your truck. You'll need to unscrew the torsion bolts a bit, add lowering blocks to the rear, and have it aligned. It will very possibly also need adjustable camber bolts or eccentric washers to get the alignment back in spec. If you do it all yourself, aside from the actual alignment, you'll spend $300-400 total.

but it's not the same shock for all four I take it

Front and rear have different part #s'

If you want more control and slightly stiffer ride. Try rancho rs5000's. Or a mono-shock design. Some one might chime in with the various brands.

Monroe mail in rebate. (Ends 4/30/13)

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Monroe and Rancho have active rebates (Visa cards). As Eddie mentions, Monroe's offer ends April 30. Check out the deals on RockAuto.

ALSO the FRONT on the 2wd and 4wd are different !!

Todd Z

Todd is right. If you have a 4x4. You must buy for a 4x4. My 4x2 came from the factory with 4x4 front shocks. So they are interchangable on the 4x2. When I replaced mine with rancho rsx. I ordered for 4x2. They sent 4x4 fronts. No problem though. Factory installed the same.

Latest posts