New ST Decision

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Facing a Decision on whether to purchase a new left-over 2005 ST Adrenellin or wait for a 2007 ST. I am a former 2001 ST owner and have been driving a 2003 Explorer. What is the thought of the group, go with the last of a breed or purchase a Job1 ST

Deep in Thought:unsure::eek:

It depends on your needs. The '07 is 2" wider and 4" longer. Its a bigger truck. The '07 will handle better and have better performance with or without the V8. I believe the power rear window is an option (so it has been posted on this site) The '07 is probably overall a better vehicle with its IRS and optional 18" tires. The brakes are probably better too.

The '05 will be cheaper, but so will its trade in down the road.

In my opinion, if you don't mind a bigger truck, abeit, with a 3 foot shorter turning radius, go for the '07. If you are a serious offroader, go with the '05 and the solid rear.

That's my take on it.

I'd go for the '05, as long as I didn't have to compromise on color or options. If you just buy the leftovers, there may not be a truck that meets your taste. If that is the case, then I'd go for the '07 or a completely different vehicle option.

I would go with the '05 if it has what you want and the price is right...The job 1 '07 is bound to have some bugs in it and the back window dont come down, and is a larger truck..

If you loved your 01 that much then get the 05. That Adrenalin's gonna look good plus it might be priced to move by this time. Otherwise, I'd save up and wait for an '08 or '09. Get something 'new' and different.

You didnt say if the 05 is 2wd or 4wd and if that would make a difference? As for the serious off roader there are many other vehichles better made for that use (f150 screw 4x4).

i think it is more of a styling issue and perhaps $ that would dertermine your choice. I am pretty sure though that you wont get an 07 with the same options as an 05'Adrenalin for a similar price. There was a hefty markup done with the new release. As for resale if you are going to trade it in before you pay it off there might be as stated some resale issues related to value.

TracMan,

I find it sad that you have to refer a potential buyer of your product to an enthusiast web site for information on your new product, since your own company's U.S. web site isn't even updated with information on the new 2007 Sport Trac yet, even though they're arriving in dealer showrooms. What's up with that?:huh:

JohnnyO,

I think everyone's referring to the now-defunct SVT Adrenalin concept. I have 2004 ST Adrenalin edition, and have never had a problem with the sound system. It rocks.