New sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Burch

Reaction score
Sold my 2001 sport trac and now having second thoughts...should have kept it but now thinking about buying new 2010 Limited or Adrenalin. Seems the Limited units in stock come with more options than Adrenalin. Is this usually the case ??

Is the current Sport tracs still being built on same frame as earlier Sport Tracs ? Have they solved the 6 speed tranny problems ??

Do not see much info on rear ratios and limited slip. Is the 410 Limited slip still available ??

Sorry for all the questions but salesman will tell you anything you want to hear..

Snoop:rolleyes:

No LSD available due to the fact traction control is standard.

Can't comment about the Tranny issues since I own a gen one ST.

The current ST is built on the next generation of the Explorer and shares little to nothing on the original ST chassis.

Tom

Snoop, the gen2 is vastly improved in many ways over the gen1. New frames, suspensions, body styling and interior. In my humble opinion, if you are gonna pull the trigger on a new Trac, its all down to styling preference. Same truck, motor and drivetrain. You don't gain anything by buying an Adrenalin, its a package with limited color choices for the interior and exterior. The limited gives more color choices and you only have to add a few items to equip them the same way. Happy hunting, Bob

PS: my '08 limited is exactly the truck I was looking for! :D:D

Aside from the difference in available colors that Bob C mentioned, the Adrenalin comes with AWD standard. 4WD is optional on the Limited.

Other than that, the only difference between the two is the Adrenalin body parts and 20" rims/tires.

imo, agree with bob. go for a lmtd over the adren unless you are not in need for a true 4X4.

as gavin said go for the v-8, it is well worth it.

not sure if the tranny problem has been fixed.

good luck

les,

imo, i just wish ford would fix the problem and not have to rely on an aftermarket fix.

it's ben going on for to long