New Sport Trac Owner!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christy Craft

Reaction score
HI! I'm a new owner of a well cared for white 2005 sport trac!! I might need guidance to keep it in shape! I've never had anything quite so big (95 Nissan Altima and 2003 Grand Am GT)! I'm excited!! Hopefully I'll have no issues anytime soon!

You're going to like your Trac. It's a very versatile. As far as keeping it in good shape, it's no different than any other vehicle. Use good fluids, don't wait 'til something breaks, find a good repair shop if you're not working on it yourself. There's a lot of expertise here, with many repair projects posted.

:welcome:

You will find loads of info on here. Along with helful members.

FYI, Check and see if your trac still has the factory shocks. If so change them soon. You will be amazed at the ride, control and safe feeling difference. If you like a softer but firm ride, monroe sensa-tracs. Monroe has 4 for price 3 right now.

There are some other things, but we all agree the oem shocks are not tough enough for the trac. Too spongy....first thing most of us changed.

:supercool: :welcome:

Feel free to ask any question that you might have. Someone, more often many of us, has already dealt with anything that you might run into. Definitely look into doing the shocks right away.

:welcome:

My ST is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Just the right size. Hope you enjoy yours as much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love STs. Got a 2001 Gen 1 in 2002 and now a 2009 Adrenalin Gen 2 about two months ago. Sadly they stopped making these great little trucks. I unfortunately I just found this site, wish I could have signed up 10 years ago. Lots of information in the search function.

Enjoy yours, it is like the Leatherman tool of automotive world, it has 1001 uses.

Please post pics of you new purchase.

Latest posts