New Rims - Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors Reused?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven D

Reaction score
Just ordered new rims for the ST. Suppose to be getting installed this weekend. Ford Service dept, says TPMS bands should probably be able to be reused with sensors, but we shall find out this saturday. Stayed with 17x8 so I could use the brand new tires that came on the ST. Then monday the 30th the limo tint goes on. Once the tint and rims are on and it gets a washing and waxing, I will finally post pics. Just so you have an idea, its all being done on a 2007 ST XLT, with the appearance package and Dark Blue Pearl Metallic Clearcoat

Rims ordered look like this

30984ba4016e0d1fe146faa135859dae._.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool::cool:

Keep us posted

Sorry, but the original bands will not be able to be reused. They are crimped to lock them. The replacements use a worm gear and can be transfered.

Thanks Hal, oddly enough the ford dealership just put replacements bands and sensors on my month old trac today, so now, I should be able to transfer them. I was unaware the originals were put on that way, but good to know. Thanks.

Steve do you have the cost and part numbers ???

Todd Z

I will get them for you, just need to look at the paperwork, since I didn't have to pay for any of the work (it was all warranty "Dealer Owed at Delivery" work). I will post up what I find out for new sensors and bands when I can take a look at the paperwork.

STDave, actually I am getting them at Sears. SSC Performance 74 in 17x8 and best part, they are currently selling for $135 each. Oddly enough, sears online, in the auto section under custom wheels have a lot of nice looking rims for a great price.

Todd, here's the info you were looking for

17 Inch Rim is what these were put on

Band to hold sensor

Part #6F2Z1A193D

Price $67.04 EACH

Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor

Part # 6F2Z1A189A

Price $72.73 EACH