NEW RECALL? Any 1/hv pic of this part under the hood?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc vav

Reaction score
Anyone have a under the hood pic of where this part is ? Is their a way to ck it? Can i replace it myself with a aftermarket one? thanks.

OT:

Got 435 mpt on my trac on the co trip. All the service i have been dooing has paid off. best was 402 before. average speed was 75-80mph. WOW.

marc,

Look above my battery, the little red piece, not the battery cable, but right in front of the reservoir there. If it's red, replace it. The new one will be black. There is a project from one of the Zabteck guys on here. It's fairly easy to do.

[Broken External Image]:

I was told yesterday that for Ford to cover the part cost they will have to do the install versus just giving you the part. I read somewhere else that the part is supposedly back ordered through the end of the year?

I will not disconnect my cruise to wait for them to get the part. If my Trac hasn't caught fire in 5 years, or our Explorer hasn't in 7 years, I am not too worried about it.

I refuse to go without cruise. I don't care if I drive three miles a day on the interstate. I am keeping my cruise control.

Tom

Latest posts