New owner 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad K

Reaction score
Hello All,

Traded my 2000 Jeep wrangler for a 2003 trac Monday the 21st. Drove from the dealer to my house and parked it.(I live on a red clay, rock road and it is still very wet here)

My daily driver is a 1986 ford F250 two wheel drive.

I already have "MOD Fever" and did a search for some items but can't find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an overhead console and a full floor console. (don't like the bag box.)

I can't find either.

If someone could help with this that would be great.

Oh yeah I also need to figure out the lock code on the door. Someone on e-bay is selling the way to get that for ten dollars. Any thoughts.

I searched this here and found some ideas but nothing for sure. So before I unplug my computer under the hood to look on top of it I would like to know if it is really there.

Thanks for any and all help with this.

Welcome! You're gonna love it here :D

As far as the consoles are concerned, you can check Ebay, they have them sometimes, or you might call one of the site sponsors, they might have them. I can't help with the code, sorry

I am assuming you are talking about the lock/unlock push button thing on the driver door. if so you can contact your local ford dealer and they can get the code for you .

I forgot mine and couldn't find the tag that came with my ST, and the dealer I us was able to get it from their computer

Welcome to the site, and ST'aholics (not so annonamous). My last mod was last night.

Look '95 - '01 Explorer, Explorer Sport & Ranger for the overhead console. Send an email to Coastiejoe to locate the floor console.

Also, if you don't plan on raising your ST, you need to replace the front end links with the ones from AutoZone; replace the rear sway bar with the Explorer Express sway bar; and most definately replace the shocks (your choice). Check out the projects for other things to do to your ST.

Here's the link to the project for Location the Keyless Entry Code:

http://www.mysporttrac.com/MySportTrac/projects/LocatingYourKeylessEntry%20Code2001FORDSPORTTRAC.pdf

Here's the link to the project for Adding the Overhead Console:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone for your help and advice.

Just finished getting the door code.

This was very easy.

Great instructions, easy to follow.

Welcome to the site. Good folks, info and helpful people.

edit; We have another chad on here also. Just a sujestion. You might want to add a number or something to your alias. That way we will get to know which one we are talking to..;)

We could have Bad Chad and Good Chad! :lol:

When I bought my Trac, I got a wallet card with my key combo on it.

I keep it with me all the time. I don't use it enough to memorize it.

Welcome to the site, Chad! Glad to have you among us. :cool:

Welcome Chad!!! As you can see, it doesn't take long to get any info you need from this place.....and all the advice you can stand...lol. Enjoy your ST and don't hesitate to ask for help. Check out the projects section..it has some great ideas.[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

But how can you get rid of a Jeep Wrangler? They are like the family dog....

Since the weather went nice in GA I have been back in the Jeep and realized how much I missed it. No slight to the ST, it has served it purpose very well.

Welcome, keep searching you will find posts & projects for just about anything you could imagine, and then some.

Travis

Trust me if I could have kept both I would have.

But the kids are to the point that they can open and close doors by themselves.

My wife wants a new van or suv, but I keep telling her to pay off the credit card first.

So this is a kinda compromise, She couldn't drive a stick and I refused to teach her.

She thinks she will get to drive this once in awhile. I hope not, she can't miss a pothole to save an alignment. LOL sort of.

Latest posts