new mustang boss 302

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary, Gary, Gary, didn't anybody tell you that there are many decaffinated brands on the market that are equally satisfying? Do you really think a majority of people that buy one, will ever drive that car to its potential? Nanner, nanner, nanner, I've got one and you don't, will be more like it. The Camaro is heavier, doesn't handle as well and is also pushing over 400bhp. I would like to think Ford should make 500bhp naturally aspirated, standard for the Mustang. Bob

I'm holding out for a version with the 6.2 motor and IRS. :bwahaha:

Seriously though, my '00 GT has enough power at something over 260 BHP and 302 lb.-ft. torque. 99% of the time I have enough power and acceleration. The other 1% of the time I can use controls other than the Loud Pedal to satisfactory effect.

Sure I want more power! That's our crack. OTOH I have a nice, low mileage car that still turns heads, does what I want on the road and isn't burdened by lots of aftermarket parts that would become useless if another Lexus driver decides to attack.

Having a sweet ride is a mixed blessing. You are proud of it and want to show it off. OTOH you're living in constant fear that someone will break the cherry on your pristine princess. :D

"Thats 440 crank,pretty wimpy actually"

compare apples to apples my friend.

or you can get a ZR-1 and it would be a non-factor. :banghead:

still like the camaro, but this is real :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with the Mustang. I rented a new Mustang one week, a new Camaro the next followed by a Mustang again. The Mustang is far tighter and more refined. The handling and cornering is vastly superior.

The Camaro is tinny. The visability out the back and rear sides is so bad it is dangerous. Just rey to get something into the Camaro trunk. The opening is too small to get even a standard suitcase inside.

While I was having my oil changed I was reading one of the big auto mags with a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger cmparison. They also picked the Mustang over both for the same reasons.

By the way, I have a new Impala rental car this week. What a piece of junk. Taurus all the way over this one.

Not sticking up for either car but where is everybody getting their info about one car being heavier than the other. The official Camaro site lists it coming in at 3860 lbs. The official Mustang site does not list a curb weight, which I find odd, and a quick search on the disinformationet suggests that the Mustang comes in at 3875-4000 lbs. Sorry folks but IMO that is just really to close to call. Sure I realize that 100 lbs can make a huge difference in performance and handling to the professional driver but I doubt that there is anyone on this site that can lay claim to that credential.

Automobile magazine had a good write up on this and their top 10 mustangs. I read it while I was getting my tires last week. The only one I think they missed out on was the 10L boss mustang, but it looks like they were only discussing production mustangs vs concepts.

Not that wikipedia is always 100% accurate but, they have the weight listed as V8 GT coupe MT/AT:

3,533 lb (1,603 kg)/3,575 lb (1,622 kg). Using your 3,860 lb number that makes the camaro almost 10% heavier.

Car and Driver is a very well respecter car magazine, and their numbers are reliable. Clearly the weight depends on options, so it varies with what you have installed. IIRC they had the Mustang being the lightest of the three by a wide margin. The Challenger weighs more than my ST!

Nice.......I like they used the '69 C stripes. Wish they'd black non-glared the whole hood. If i found some money, I'd buy one. Only in blue like my old 69 BOSS! I'm sure these would outrun the '69 though.....

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

07 st,

very nice. no longer have?

imo, after reading many reviews and liking the look, the new boss 302 is a great deal for the money. both a quick 1/4 and very good track review.

need to drive one

:driving:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope.....sold it to a lady in Fairbanks Alaska in the mid 80's. I did the body, paint & rebuilt the motor all by myself. Nothing like the sound of a high compression, solid lifter motor. If I ever hit the lottery, I'll track it down! LOL!!

'07 ST