New Muffler

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Rampino

Reaction score
Recently my truck's exhaust has been getting louder and louder. (I had a Flowmaster muffler installed about 4 years ago). The new sound I was now hearing, was not unpleasantly loud, more of a lower pitched rumble at idle. Well, it turns out that the pipe had broken away at the muffler inlet, so essentially I was only being muffled by the cats When I found out, i was running without a muffler, I was kind of surprised that the unmuffled sound wasn't too bad. However, tomorrow it's off to Lou's Custom Exhaust for a quick makeover. I considered doing a straight pipe after the cat, but I know the sound would eventually get to me. Will probably just get another Flowmaster Dynaflow 50.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can vouch for Lou's i recently had them add a cherry bomb vortex and run the tail pipe out of the side with a camero tip solid work I went to their Plymouth shop

I agree on Lou's. I've always used their facility in North Reading and have always been happy with their prices and workmanship. Tomorrow I'll try out the Waltham location since it's a little closer.

Gotta get the Trac ready for the Louisville trip! :driving:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Flowmaster on my 01. I put Magnaflow on my 05; liked it much better. However after a couple of years, I had the original muffler put back on (yes, I kept it) Now I have to look at the tach to see if it's running. Amazing difference. I think I like it !!