New Mods

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
Well I got bored over the weekend and was tired at looking at my boring door panels. So I added some color. Looks like my Armor All job is a little streaked:wacko:

What are your thoughts on putting the mesh back over the speakers?

Took forever to prep for paint.

Now I need to paint the center console and radio bezel, and the silver part of the dash so it all matches.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! Really stands out. Another piece I would paint, that little bezel around the door handles...

Yes, looks good..... Did you clear coat them ???

Todd Z

Thanks everyone,

I did not use clear coat, I used the Dupli color gloss black vinyl/fabric paint for the handles. This sprays on very thick and had me worried about runs, I may have just got a bad can. But it dried good and they turned out great. When I painted the door panels I used a left over can of the Dupli Color bumper paint because the rest of the door panels are not glossy.

Now I just have to see how well the paint holds up on the door handles. And I am still undecided if I should put the fabric back in the speaker grills.

Chad

i did the same idea to my dash on my old toyota once...

I am curious i did that once and it crack and pealed after about 3 months... Then i found a vynle paint that worked the best... i have not seen this type of paint in a while has any one else seen it and know who makes it.. This was like a vynl dye type thing ??All i had to do was remove all oils and stuff like that then i applied and it lasted for years...

KEITH, they make vinyl dye paint that is available at most auto parts stores. The only thing is, it comes in dark dull colors, dark blue, grey, black, tan, etc, to match close to factory colors. It doesn't come in colors like you'd have on a vehicle.

Looks great. I painted my door handles several years ago with rustoleum hammered paint, and it still looks great. i painted my power window panels silver to match dash/console.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts