New member 2004 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neils1953

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Hello to all, thanks for the add. I picked up this 2004 about a week ago. I’m upgrading all lights to LED’s, new touch screen Bluetooth, CD, backup camera radio. Needs paint correction and black trim revitalization. Runs great and drives great, 228,000 miles. This is here in Middle TN.
IMG_0079.jpeg

Welcome to the site.

Great color BTW. When you start changing things, create a build page so all can follow.

Welcome to the group, nice trac.

Hello to all, thanks for the add. I picked up this 2004 about a week ago. I’m upgrading all lights to LED’s, new touch screen Bluetooth, CD, backup camera radio. Needs paint correction and black trim revitalization. Runs great and drives great, 228,000 miles. This is here in Middle TN.View attachment 4913
Looks Great, leather or cloth? Please keep posting progress.
Thanks

Welcome! I have a 2004 in Silver. My black trim pieces need some TLC to bring back the color. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

There is quite a few silicone based products that work for a few washes as long as you do not use degreaser soap(like dish soap) silicone base is nice so you can add water to dilute to the gloss you like, any tire shine but some make very bright and sticky like black magic tire wet. i use chemical guys silk shine on interior
to engines etc, dilute different for each application. use a pad for trim. few years of detailing and trying 100s of products.

Welcome! I have a 2004 in Silver. My black trim pieces need some TLC to bring back the color. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
I use armor-all plastic restorer on my trim. It's very easy to use and repels water well. It usually lasts for a few car washes. A small bottle will last you a while, which is good because it's overpriced. You could also wipe the plastic down with wd40. That would probably work just as good.

Latest posts