NEW MEATS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Stevens

Reaction score
ok guys i got my 35 in today and im gonna get them mounted on the wheels... so heres the oldest question i know of when it comes to mounting tires... white lettering or black lettering facing out?

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
How long do you think they'll stay white? How often will you clean them to go back to white? White letters out don't work on a truck that plays in red Georgia clay.

Black out. I dont like letters.

BTW, thase look somewhat military. Are you in a milicha...:bwahaha:

RWL looks so passe' today, although it seems common as ever.

I always thought of it more a street car look, not off road trucks. JMO

White out... IMO. If you payed for the tires why not show them off a little bit? :) Ive had my white letters pearly white no problem here in IN. I do some occasional trail riding and hit mud every once in a while. its my DD so I cant afford to mess it up that bad.

White's out. JMO, but I'm biased. LOL

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

It breaks up all the black and looks more aggressive.

Have to agree with Gavin, Hugh and Eddie. I'm not paid, nor do I care to clean them and at the end of their lives, the white lettering starts to look crappy. OK, here's one: go to a car show, how many cars/trucks have the white letters out?(aside from whitewalls) Answer: not too many, they're more interested in the look/style of the car and not advertising. I've always gone black side out. Bob

White out. If you got 'em, show 'em. (Said the man who once had the white letters out on a '91 Lincoln Continental. It looked pretty good actually.)

Interesting, almost deadlocked. It's YOUR truck Travis! LOL :btddhorse:

i think im gonna go white walls out because the wheels are black and it will break up the pattern like jerry said... thanks everyone for your input :supercool:... even though it came out just about 50/50 :rofl:

Those tires are nice too, make sure you rotate them ALOT.... When I went to 35's I was buying new tires every year. IFS cannot hold an alignment with big tires, and the inside edge get destroyed FAST. Oh and get a lifetime warranty on the alignment, it is worth the extra 50 bucks.

Latest posts