New look for Gypsy~me~ trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsy me

Reaction score
While in Vegas, I stopped by to say Hi to Jerry & family...btw his new daughter is cute as can be! Oh, and picked these up :) Thanks Jerry!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Here is one of Jerry and myself.

[Broken External Image]:

Looks good GM, compliments the trac nicely!!!

Todd Z

Didn't know you had it in ya GM! Shows me..!

They look really good. How's it ride?

P.S. I suggest you invest in a decent digital camera w/ your tax returns. :p

Thank you all ...oh and you too JK :) (yeah it needs a bath for sure, but I am in the wild wild west not to mention the Mecca of Dust bowls) :lol:

I really do like the look of those wheels. Loved them on Jerry's ride when I first saw them last year.

Lowering is on my mind. DP is not fond of lowering it. So, I'll have to visit the boys in the local lowrider club here in town, *they love my trac* :)

Flip - it rides smooth but on the higher speeds kinda shimmys. I think, I may take it over and see if the wheels need balanced. Jerry took very good care of these wheels and tires and his trac. The wheels had been sitting stored for a few months.

OH just so you all know, I did check on that Areo exhaust system and was ready to have it installed this past weekend.

In 100 miles of my zip On their website Aero claimed--- Vegas allegedly had 3 places that do this exhaust.

Midas said they did not install them

Smith & Sons Automotives said they had mostly done diesel trucks and only one gas vehicle (why that would matter is beyond me) But they said, they were just not sure....

Dark Horse Racing--- never called back grrrrr!

So I am on my way to the Aero Exhaust site (home of the most sought after exhaust system) and giving them a piece of my mind. in words! :lol:

sniff, sniff... I miss 'em already :(

Naw, just kidding, I really had a tough time deciding if I wanted to get rid of those rims or not though, I really like them. They sure look good on black though! Glad you like them Sheila, and I hope that a quick balancing will get rid of that shimmy. I never noticed that on my truck, but those rims did sit in storage from June until we put them on your track a few days ago, and the air pressure dropped about 10psi in that time, so I'm sure they will need a new balancing. If you don't get it done by March, I can make an appointment at the Discount Tire where I bought them and we can see if they'll do it for free. That was a part of purchasing the rims through them.

It was nice seeing you and Kelly again. We'll be seeing you guys at least a couple of times in March.

[Broken External Image]:

So all 4 rims are the same? The "blade" goes one way from the driver's side, and it goes the other way on the passenger side.

Hey Jerry! Glad you made it back to AK safe! I really love them. Yeah the shimmy I checked it out again this morning it's happenening about 50 mph now. Probably just the balancing no biggie :)

See you in March! ****NASCAR****HERE WE COME!!! :lol:

Latest posts