New Knightrider ....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Your thoughts ????

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I am watching it now. So far, eh...So-So.

It is hard to watch it while KITT is a Mustang. Kitt should be a Pontiac.

Great to see all the Ford cars in the episode.

Tom

the movie itself was ok...

the 500KR was freakin sweet!!! i loved it!!! and i dont really like ponys.

i loved how it was blacked out and completely stealth. i also loved the the lighting under the scoop and the interior lighting.

sweet car.

they should have gotten rid of the silver emblems on the stang. it was all blacked out and then that rear emblem, maybe the gas cap? i dont know. anyway it stuck out like a sore thumb against all that black. I love the car though. So who is gonna be the first to put light under the hood scoop on their trac's? i would if i like the scoops on the trac a little better

they should have gotten rid of the silver emblems on the stang. it was all blacked out and then that rear emblem, maybe the gas cap? i dont know. anyway it stuck out like a sore thumb against all that black.

That is called advertisment. They more you know what it is, the more exposure Ford gets.

Tom

It was awesome, i havent seen the first one but this one was wicked. The mustang is awesome. BTW, i liked that crash

GeorgeT

This was the best and longest Ford commecial EVER.

Did you note that the Ford Edge was able to brake before having an accident with a truck? The Fusion behind the Edge also avoided an accident, undoubtedly because of excellent braking and the Sync system allowing the driver to focus attention on driving rather than fumbling for buttons.

Did you note that the GM SUV was unable to brake before slamming into KITT? Did you also notice how much damage that front end had since there is no frame under the hood? There was also at least 1 fatality.

The first thing I noticed was that KITT could not outrun the Edge.

Did anyone go on line and answer the questions to win a replica Mustang?

And, how about this site's monitoring?( see Reaper's comment)

I'm disappointed. KITT looked fine as a Mustang... that's the nicest thing I have to say about the show. The actors aren't that great, the writing sucked, and where were the super-cool stunts? The only things KITT had going for it were his AI (which got hacked) and the self-healing/color shifting exterior. That exterior thing was okay, but it's almost expected they'd have to improve on the "molecularly-bonded shell" of the original KITT.

But... where were the jumps? Where were the super driving stunts? I expected to be blown away by the new KITT's abilities, but he really doesn't have any.

Oh, and if you're going to hire a voice actor to play a car, better find one with some personality, or at least a British accent.

Reaper, please edit your post above to remove the expletive. I know you are new and your comment was not used negatively toward any members but we try to keep the site family friendly and don't allow certain language.

Thanks,

George

Did anyone go on line and answer the questions to win a replica Mustang?

Yep... all four times allowed. The wife did as well. Do I need a 500KR? Nope. But I'm sure that I could sell it and recoup some $$$ if nothing else. It would of course have a few miles on it though...:cool:

yea, i eneterd too...

but it kept saying i could enter 4 more times, so... i kept entering....

lol the lights under the scoop, sweet id do it... if i had a scoop...

well probably not but itd be cool i think

I thought it was so-so also, It did not 'wow" me like they advertized.....

I would have loved the jumps and super speed driving too....

I actually thought the color morphing was lame..

And the mono tone of the car voice almost sounded like he did not want to be there at all..

Todd Z

I expected it to be a corny show but having watched the original 25 years ago I had to take a look at this verion. I thought the edge staying up with it on the chase was a stretch. The car looks great, I just thought that they would make it do more stunts that you or I would never try. The acting was just so so but it was not as corny as I expected.

I want the solar mod to get 167 MPG's! Zabteck / Dingo can you make that the next group buy? :lol::lol::lol:

Val Kilmer was the voice. They really should have used the original KITT's voice as the voice. I know the guy is still alive.

Tom

Latest posts