New front brakes today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Ellis

Reaction score
My '04 Trac has 60,900 miles on it so figured it was about time to change front brakes before they wore down to point of damaging rotors. Now these Ford brakes are, by far, the easiest disc brakes I've ever changed. Took a lot longer jacking and rotating tires than it did to change the pads. What's interesting is that three of the OEM pads were still 0.2 inches thick. The inside, right pad was 0.15 thick. Still a lot of life left in them. But, better safe than sorry. The front rotors on the 2wd are not that easy to replace. Cross Terrain tires still have at least 10K of use left in them too. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Gonna be around for a long time

Good to hear it, i love my 2004 4x4 too, only bad thing i can think of is gas . . but when i drive that truck it puts me in a great mood and makes me feel great, worth every cent

CHRIS

If the inside pad was worn more then the outside you have something sticking, Either the slides or caliper piston....

Todd Z

Latest posts