New company phone, my choice of these three??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Just curious as to your thoughts. Pros, cons, whatever..

Samsung Jack

2eb633028e2e2630a160bb187260f247.jpg

Samsung Propel (TM) Pro

e615c27097c15356dbeb568738b96836._.jpg

Blackberry Bold (TM).

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd suggest the Blackberry but I must warn you...They don't call them CrackBerry's for nothing!!

If you choose so, get used to NEVER being "away"!!!

I'm never away anyways. We will be buying 4000 of the three choices above. I work for the government, they always know where I am.. LOL

4000? Go for the BB, you'll need the enterprise support. Get a solid carrier for service also.

Survey Says !?!?

Appears to be a "no brainer". BB

As previously mentioned support and service a priority as well.

Very cool device is useless without the S & S.

Go for it ! 4000 Units? Would love to get the residuals on those! ;)

Off topic a little. But we just switched from Sprint to AT&T so we have a bunch of Blackberry curve's and 8830's we can't use. We purchased a bunch of iphones and Bolds and everyone with either loves them. My question is what do I do with the other phones. The duty of what to do with them kinda found it's way to my desk. I found a blackberry Bold trade up program that took 5 of the phones for the 5 Bold/s we purchased and gave us about 250.00... But I have about 15 more phones to figure out. Any thoughts?

What to do with old cell phones...

Cell Phones for Soldiers hopes to turn old cell phones into more than 12 million minutes of prepaid calling cards for U.S. troops stationed overseas in 2008. To do so, Cell Phones for Soldiers expects to collect 50,000 cell phones each month through a network of more than 3,000 collection sites across the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coastie:

I'm never away anyways. We will be buying 4000 of the three choices above. I work for the government, they always know where I am.. LOL

Then yep, the blackberry.

BTW...do AM's have to turn off ytheir phones along with the passengers? If you can't answer, that's fine. I've just always wondered.

Officially, no we don't.

We had devices that allowed for communication amongst ourselves no matter the altitude. Had issues with them and going with these phones.

That said, most of us did turn them off so we "fit in" so to speak.

The "fit in" part is what had me wondering. So, upon this answer, another question of mine begs an answer. Does the flight crew know who the AM's are? I mean do they know NOT to demand one to turn off the phone as they do with passengers? I've been there as a passenger even though mine was off!

Again, I understand if you can't answer Coastie.

blackberry hands down wins. I have had my crackberry since my company gave it to me when I started there in early 2005, and I don't think I will never NOT have a blackberry again, I like it that much.

I have a company CB as well Steven. It's amazing as to what it can and does do. I just don't like the fact of not having any personal time without company intrusion. I can turn off a "phone" but this CB, there is NO WAY to get that personal time!

Latest posts