New 2010 ST - sounds

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Mays

Reaction score
i recently traded my 2007 Sport Trac for a 2010 Sport Trac Adrenaline with 20" factory wheels. When accelerating, it sounds like a UPS truck (high pitched noise, like a supercharger or turbo), Plus, it only get around 14-15 mpg, while the 2007 model always got 17-18mpg. Is this just the way it is, or does it sound like something needs the dealers attention?

My 08 v6 didn't make any weird noises. As far as the mileage goes my V-6 averaged about 14 mpg. You aren't determining mpg by the trucks computer are you?

the new ST has an electronic clutch on the cooling fan.... your hearing the cooling fan ....

Todd Z

was your 07 4x4 ? Reason I ask your Adrenaline is AWD then all four wheels are pulling all the time so keep in mind that is where your probably losing you MPG. the 4x4 is an auto system which you select when it's pulling full time otherwise your in 2wd even though its all connected the power is not being transferred . and another mpg kicker is the 20" wheels which take more to get moving than a 16 or 17" wheel. as far as the noise your hearing it's the fan keeping things cool while your A/C is running or just high outdoor temps, not sure where your at but its been hot HOT hot here :)

My 07 was 2 wheel drive, just as this 2010 is. according to the window sticker, it says 4x2, and i don't see any axles going to the front wheels. But at least know i know that the electronic clutch on the a/c makes the noise. i did go run it today with out the a/c on, and no noise.

Could also maybe be someone installed one of those throttle vortex kits, or whatever those things were that are supposed to improve the airflow into the combustion chamber?

Had the PowerCode 200 serier remote start and alarm installed yesterday. it has a pretty good remote range. i can start it in the parking garage next to my office building from in my office.:banana: