~ NEW 07+ Big Brake Kit!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
Well it's finally going to come true!!! I found a company, well known in my area, that is going to work on getting a big brake kit out for our tracs!

I am going to be giving them my truck for production purposes for a week....sometime at about the beginning of NOV.

The brakes will be a 4 piston 13" Drilled/Slotted rotor setup with Stainless Steal brake lines. I am denating the rear kit, but they said they could do that too!? Maybe down the road!

Here's the CATCH......I have the 22" Wheels. So not sure how the new rotors will fit behind the stock 20's!? Maybe I can meet up with Jeff to get a test fitting with new shoes!?

The kit should be in the ballpark of $1450-$1600....whcih is about average for a kit of this calibur!

Some sample pics below of what they will look like!

MORE TO COME!

P.S> They also do custom Coilover Struts!!! ;)

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Explorer Express does a larger kit for the GEN 1 St, Requires 18 inch rims or larger..

Sounds like another Brenspeed advertisement though...

Todd Z

Youn don't want bigger brakes on the rears.

Agreed, unless you change the proportioning and then it will lessen the pressure more and make it almost useless to have the larger brakes in the back..

Todd Z

What do you mena by "Another Brenspeed Advertisement"!? haha

I was just sharing the info I found and now doing the same thing again!

The SC is something a ton of people want and same with this Big Brake Kit.

The Thing with the Brenspeed unit is I am still undecided on what to do with the $7500......

The SC is on teh RADAR though. But this kit is first and foremost due to the lack of stopping power this Trac has. This is a prerequisite for anybody looking to do a SC in my opinion! Too much power and no way to stop it is just asking for trouble! haha

That plus Brenspeed is sooo darn far from me. The Place making the Brake kit is about a 30min drive from me so that makes it easier to get something done!

Latest posts