New 0-60mph: Torrie Trans Tuned

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
Full tank of gas, TC and OD on. Slight incline grade. Slippery conditions. Not bad for a 6R80 with 3:55s.

Acceleration:

0-10 MPH: 0.91 sec

0-20 MPH: 1.43 sec

0-30 MPH: 2.04 sec

0-40 MPH: 2.69 sec

0-50 MPH: 3.82 sec

0-60 MPH: 4.71 sec (less weight & better road contions, this would have been a 4.6 or better)

0-70 MPH: 5.68 sec

Elapsed Time:

60': 2.36 sec @ 34.7 MPH

330': 5.74 sec @ 69.3 MPH

Miscellaneous:

Max Speed: 70.5 MPH

Max Acceleration: 0.92 G's

Peak Horsepower: 557 HP. This number is based on G force, weight and MPH reached in the sample set. The vehicle actually puts down 400whp and the 557hp number is crank. So if you want subtract 25% you get 417whp which is pretty close. Keep in mind that this run was on a much colder day that the day the truck was dyno tuned so a higher number would be expected due to higher air density.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horsepower is corrected for 25% DTL

It was 28*F and lightly snowing. Time was 5:08pm.

Truck was fully warmed up. Even the trans was at temp.

My second run was on pavement that didn't have ice on it. It was a 60' of 2.16sec but I had to abort the run due to a Ka Band blip. That would have been 4.6 sec 0-60 I bet!

iPhone app called Dynolicious. It's the most accurate app out there. It's so good that SCT uses its UI for their TSX unit. Which as you know, uses your iPhone also :)

It's GPS based and drag strip tested. Measuring distance and time is pretty easy with this sort of tech.

I can't wait until spring. I'm going to bring it to a dragway for the first time. I'm worried about my reaction time and my transmission lol.

I believe that the SCT-iTSX would not be getting much of the same data the way the Dynolicious samples the iphone accelerometer movement (via GPS), but instead, from the vehicle's computer thru to the iTSX wireless OBDII interface communicating via bluetooth directly to the iphone app.

Using the same (or a similar) software UI in different products does not mean that the back end data is being derived from the same source or in the same manner, and that is where measurable data accuracy would be compared.

These are great products and undoubtedly both have a high degree of accuracy. We might not agree on product preference, the true litmus test may be that time slip from the drag strip. :driving:

Though I have about 5 months to ponder unretiring my SST from the drag strip, I will be anxious to see how SVT TRAC does on its maiden voyage. :supercool:

Very nice Carey. I tried mine the other night with the ZTB, COPs and CAI with a 93 Perf tune from Torrie and was only able to muster a 2.34 60' and 6.9 0-60. I really need to get the UDPs installed, but haven't had the time to do that labor. May just fold and have my mechanic do it.

Those times are on par with my '06 GT that was running Nitto 555's, CAI and 93 Perf tune. Car ran a 13.466 in the 1/4 for me... Should have been a 13.2 but I wasn't great on the launch.

I don't know. I run out of space and nerve before it hits a 1/4. Based on Joe's SSTA....I'd be sitting near 100mph. That's just stupid fast for highways and streets. Will have to wait for the track.

Although I've gotten three or four wrench warnings on my message center. My RPMs bump up 500 or so and it doesn't go away until I clear the DTC with my Aeroforce Intercepter Gauge. So I'm not sure if I have a tran problem or something.

Brenspeed thinks its my throttle body. They believe that oil is getting in and plastering the inside. They recommend I take it off clean it. They claim to have seen this issue before.

Carey - how often are you emptying the oil separator can? I recall you mentioning before around 3000 miles? I empty mine every 2 weeks at a minimum, even if there isn't much accumulated. It may not take much to blow by into the top of the intake behind the TB, especially if you run your truck hard. Just a thought... Before I installed the separator in mine, I never threw a CEL. Maybe inspecting behind the TB will tell more. No code #s? Hope you can get to the bottom of it.

No codes that the Interceptor can read. Will a dealer be able to pull codes? It's been dyno tuned and cannot be returned to stock ECM.

Every 3000 is when I change it and it's usually completely full. I will have to be more diligent in dumping it.

I'm not familiar with what your Interceptor can\can't do. I think mine is a $129 Scan Tron OBDII code scanner\reader.

It can read codes regardless of whether your truck is at a stock ECM state or not. I've read codes off it from my current Saleen setup, so a dealer should have no problem.

My regiment every two weeks is: checking tire pressure, empty oil separator, check fluid levels, visual scan... I set a biweekly reminder on my phone, which makes it harder for me to forget.

"Peak Horsepower: 557 HP"

curious, i have 470HP to the crank in a 5380 lb vehicle with me in it.

13.3 1/4 @ 102.11 with a granny launch. (60' @ 1.90)

with the extra 80+ HP should your numbers be better?

Hey Gary S.

As ive said countless times, The truck makes 400 wheel hp. I absolutely feel it should be as fast as an SRT8. The sad truth is that it never will be. Not until someone makes a valve body and a trans kit for this 6R80. The other big thing is torque. Mine makes 386 wtq and the SRT8 makes more torque per hp. I just think its a better engineered machine. Not really a big surprise since it's $70,000.

I think that this perfectly illustrates the difference in dyno numbers versus track numbers. Just because you make massive power on a dyno really doesn't mean you will do as well on a track. The opposite is also true.

It was full of fuel and on a slippery road and the TC drops power everytime it comes on. I'll bet it's faster at a track than on the slopely back streets on Plattsburgh :) It was also very cold. I know air is more dense when cold but this truck just feels faster and hooks better when it's around 45*F. I'm sure it makes more power at 28*F but the TC activates constantly. I even see the TC activate past 20 or 30mph. I believe, even when "off" it automatically re-arms past 20mph.

Also, I can promise you that your trans shifts way way way better than this one lol. On paper, this truck should do 12.9 or slightly better but it will never get there. It's never seen the track. It has plenty down low but I feel it's most powerful range is 70+ mph in second gear. That is where I feel the most pull from the supercharger.

It launches hard because it's AWD but I don't think it's strength is in take off really. When I first got all this done I felt that the major difference was take off power but that just happens to be where I drive it hard most often. I never go more than posted speed limit + 15 so I never really have a chance to feel the pull. Until recently anyway. Raced a SS Silverado on I-87 South and stomped him pretty bad. That was a WOT from 65-70mph and the truck just shot forward. It kicked down perfectly and I had no problem putting three truck lengths between us in a couple seconds.

IMO its all transmission. This thing makes awesome power. It's transfers it to the ground. It loses time with every shift. It's so insanely slow. It takes about a full second to shift.

So If it's a 12 sec truck and shifts three times in the 1/4 mile. That takes a few tenths and throws them out the window.

The other thing is that you're comparing an OEM engineered performance SUV around $70,000 to a modified dailey driver SUV that was worth around $32,000 before the SC unit.

Not really apples to apples but I guess it's close.

And that 1 second shift is the best case scenario after Torrie's tune. It was a lot slower before. I've got vids online of the super slow shifting.

If the weather improves here, I'll take it out again but I don't think it's going to break its own record until the roads get warmer.

carey,

thx for your reply with explanation. i was not at all trying to compare the srt vs trac.

i was just looking at the numbers and as said curious about the diff between vehicles.

with your details ,yes i agree the trac has a handicap going into it and yes it is apples and oranges comp.

still you have one quick trac :haveabeer:

you sure about that?

its not fun putting bags of mulch in the cargo area especially when you are OCD.

having the p/u bed is nice

Latest posts