Need updated HU replacement list

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biznaga

Reaction score
Have seen list in past of what factory HU is being replaced with.

Would like all to tell what they have replaced their factory HU with and how they like it. Especially if replaced in last 6 months.

replaced 07 single cd mp3 with the new ALPINE IVA-D310. love the headunit. would not rade unless they came out with an equivenant in a double din.

Go to crutchfield.com. There is where I get mine. You can get a list as to what fits your ride.

Been there...that is why I want an updated list to see what other ST owners like and dislike.

I have been quite pleased with the Pioneer AVIC Z1. If you have the money to spend on it, that is the way to go. Notonly does it do navigation (and learns your driving habits for routing purposes) but it is XM and Sirius ready, can have an iPod hooked to it, reverse camera hooked to it, Bluetooth capable for making cell calls throught the unit handsfree. Whenever I put a CD into it, it records it to the built in hard drive so I can access it anytime I want. The navigation data is also on the built in hard drive. I paid 1350 for mine a couple of months ago. It is a double din installation, but I have seen on there a link to a place that sells a DD install kit for the 01-05 ST's... Not sure who has the link though. I upgraded to the Z1 from an AVIC N1 (flip out touchscreen navigation) that was moe expensive several years ago when I bought it. The Z1 is hands down better. Good Luck!

Eclipse CD8445. Great head unit, car audiophile quality. One of the higher-end features this one has that most others don't is the amount of power from the preouts (8V) which matters when using externals like amplifiers, mp3 players, etc.

Latest posts