need to replace Adrenalin package sub. HELP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Sove

Reaction score
Well the 10" sub under the driver side rear seat took a sh*t.. im PRETTY sure i fried the voicecoil. YAY me. has anyone replaced this with an AFTERMARKET sub?? if so what did you use and are you happy with it? sound better? right now im so consentrated (spelling) on the lift for my truck, i dont want to spend alot of money on my stereo.. So i'd rather NOT have to change the factory amp either.. any suggestions? or am i going to have to buy an OEM sub?? which btw, my dealership here says doesnt exist in their parts fiche! :angry::lol:

I was bored one day and took out the OEM Adrenaline 10" and put in an 8" Rockford Fosgate sub. It played pretty good with the factory amp and sounded OK. A 10" would be great to replace it, but it won't work.

Later down the road, I was looking to replace my factory 10" with an aftermarket 10" and guess what? It won't fit in the enclosure. The basket on the newer sub is much more bigger than the factory one. Even though the factory one says it is a 10", its about equal in size to the 8" I replaced it with.

I am still in the process of figuring out what kind of box to put under my back seat, so the rear of my Trac can house four 10" subs from Alpine.

VERY good info man, thanks alot. i took it out before, but never measured it.. so was the 8" louder?? did it soudn better?? i'm now wondering if i grabbed a ppi flat piston pro in an 8" or something.. if i coudl get what im looking for you know?

Yes, an aftermarket sub will bolt right in.......

Todd Z

hey todd, you mean in an 8 or a 10? im assuming at this point its gotta be an 8. but that leads me to question what 8" sub is going to impress me lol.. its 8inches.. in this case i think size DOES matter. im not replacing the factory amp, not right now. i've got too much money tied up in the lift.:angry:

First shop by airspace requirments. Then shop by mounting depths. After that shop by the amount of amps you're going to use. You also need to know what impedence you need. Most 8-10s are 1-4ohms.

Airspace reqs are probably the single biggest factor is finding a sub that will sound better.

LOL. I didn't shop by airspace, nor depth, or watts. I just had it laying in the garage and put it in. Lucky it fit. Down the road in time, I purchased aftermarket Alpine. When shopping for it, I did the right stuff on airspace and depth and watts and it still didn't fit the box. I mean, it could be cut, but the form of the box, you just kind of can't just cut it.

As for the size, I know the dual 8" speakers I have on my 03 ST in the Cwells box will sound just as good as most dual 10" boxes out there....

As said, the air space, magnet size, wattage, if shopped correctly will give you the best desired sound...

I have not replaced the 8 in my adren yet, But IT is on my list.....

Todd Z

anyone got the specs on the oem adrenalin box? c.f airspace? the rest i'll figure out like max depth. im wondering if i can find some specs on that factory amp behind the driver side rear seat... wonder how much its puttin out.. thing that sucks, i've got an Audio sponsorship for my show car from Alphasonik.. but they dont make anything small enough to put in the trac.. subs are to deep to go behind the seats, and i've got 2 12's and a massive amp still in their boxes in the basement.. and i cant use them. lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150299119354&viewitem=

If you are still checking this thread I know they will take $45.00 for this one. I offered $30, they counter $45, I passed because I'd rather just go with an aftermarket