need some opinions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Forbes

Reaction score
My brother is in the process of starting his own lawn care company, so I'm in charge of doing all the graphics. Anyway, this is a few flyers, one i made, another was made online. I was just which one everyone liked better... let me know your opinions.

flyer 1

[Broken External Image]:

flyer 2

[Broken External Image]:

My Girlfriend's a graphic designer and I asked her to take a look.

She says she prefers #2.

According to her, better font, proper use of negative space, likes the water drops, and looks more "professional". One negative...just a bit too much gradient.

I like #2 for a business card and #1 for a hand out flyer........

Just remove the coupon on # 2 to make a business card...

Todd Z

Here is a website I did for our lawncare guy (a friend of ours), and it is based on collateral he has on a billboard and in a tri-fold flyer:

Last edited by a moderator:
The background of the first one is better, simply because the grass on the second one looks like it's growing out of control--like whomever is caring for it is doing a poor job.

But everything else about the second one is better. I like the water droplets, I like the lack of the lime-green accents (they're too busy), I like the website on the bottom, etc.

Any chance you can take the background picture of the first one, and everything else from the second one, and merge them together?

You may want to change the font, regardless of which background you use. The characters are narrow enough and the background is busy enough that it becomes hard to read, and the characters don't really "pop". I'd consider something with the characters beind wider in general, possibly with no serif, and if there's sufficient space, maybe outlined?

(For an example of how font outlining can affect readabilty, take a look in my library at the file "Emma party invite final--big.pdf", which is a fake concert poster/invitation I put together for my daughter's upcoming rock concert-themed birthday party.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep # 1 for sure. But if you are going to make a business card, than #2.

Oh, and I think in the first one, you might want to consider lowering the coupon a little bit. I think it will look better. But it looks awesome like that anyways.

Thanks everyone. I ended up taking the advice from bill v, and I merged both together and this is what I got..... I actually like it a lot better. Now I just gotta get the site up and running!

[Broken External Image]: :cool:

Everyone focused on the look but content is king.

You doubled up on Precision and Seasonal - combine or choose another word

Word 'Valid' is spelled incorrectly on the last one.

You mixed upper and lower on Prestige Lawn Care in the box on the right

Put www. in the sentence at the bottom - it will grab attention

Valid until 12/31/09 - why a start date....it makes it seem like a last minute thought and maybe they were not in business prior (ok they were not but don't advertise it)

Precision Lawn Care

and receive 10% off!

(it's a call to action and starts to seem time sensitive with 2009, also Precision Lawn Care is on it's own so it stands out more)

Now the 'Just give us this coupon' is a call to action but I believe it should be implied.

at date listed above ----- would put ---- for the 2009 season. (only problem here is you cannot reuse any printed flyers for 2010 and beyond)

As far as the graphics - the second one is good but remove the distracting green graphics that were added in - no real value add.

But other than that, it's all good.

JT#14

Note - I have a marketing degree, perform duties as an Information Architect for websites and wanted to be a Copywriter when I graduated from college.

Yup! here it is, not much different than the one above, just changed the text around a bit, and did what Travis suggested. This ones just a screen shot of what I printed, so the quality isn't as good.

Sent it to the printer last night, turned out pretty good.

Now I gotta get the website done! :banana:

[Broken External Image]:

Forgot the "WWW" in the URL on the coupon. Should be consistent with the web address at the bottom of the card.

Latest posts