Need pics of extender installed.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe G 2

Reaction score
I need some pictures of a stock bed extender installed on a Trac. Im looking for how it is installed and where the push/pull pins are installed. Im starting to think the purchase I made was for another vehicle and not a trac as it was listed. Anyone have ome pics of this?

You may be missing the 2 middle mounting pins, They are NOT factory installed on your ST if you never had one....

They are available through our new sponsor if that is the case...

EDIT: The pin that you need would be under where the back side of the Green arrow is...

IT is in between the top and bottom holes...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Todd Z,

What is that "shelf" on top of your wheel well? Is it held in somehow to keep it from flying around on the highway?

Thanks,

Chris H.

Chris,

Thats not my truck IT is a pic I found on this site from another post..

Todd Z

Hmm, I still dont underdstand. My bed extender does look the one in the picture though. I just dont understand how it connects to the bed. I see the two push/pull pins (things bar on top of rack in picture). However, by setting the extender in the bed and push pushing those into the holes on the bedside is not it. I can simply pull the exntender back out, theose pins pretty much do nothing right now. Im trying to find pictures of how it actually connects to the bed sides.

ND,

LOOK in between that hole that you pushed the pin into...

There are 2 of them, 1 on the top and 1 at the bottom...

IN THE MIDDLE you will see another hole that is not threaded...

A special pin from ford is needed to be installed there..

ON the side of the extender is a small metal clip, it locks to that special pin..

part number :

Ford - W-707381-S900

It mounts on pins that hook onto the extender where the red arrow is pointing. Those pins are screwed into the side of the bed close to the tailgate (what Todd was eluding to with the green arrows except the green arrow is not exactly in the right place. The assembly rotates on the pins.

Ok, I was expecting the pin to go through the middle bar assembly and into the bedsides (have seen it this way before on other model trucks). It makes sense now. Sorry Todd.

Here, hope this helps.

[Broken External Image]:

Pivot pin is in the middle of the upper and lower locking holes.

[Broken External Image]:

I also have extender supports made by a member of MYST to hold it up so you can slide things underneath. They are no longer available.

[Broken External Image]:

i did notice with my bed extender that i have to lift of my factory gul wing hard top tonno cover to get the bed extender to to flip over into the bed...

re: Need pics of extender installed. by Chris H.,11/8/2007 14:08 ET

Hey Todd Z,

What is that "shelf" on top of your wheel well? Is it held in somehow to keep it from flying around on the highway?

Thanks,

Chris H.

There is a 2X4 in the channels on the wheel wells to hold it in place.

Latest posts