Need new stereo advice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Hey all. Hope all is well. I need help with a stereo choice. I need to know if they sell a cd, mp3, USB , Bluetooth sterio I can install in the 2003 st. I wan to upgrade to make my life easier working out of my truck now. Wan the Bluetooth for the phone. The mp3 cd. The USB for charging and accessories. Single din is fine. Doesent need amp or RCA.

Thank you all

Todd Z

Just a note. I have a USB on my radio that is used to play music and such. It will not power up accessories unless it is selected as the input. So in other words I can charge my MiFi if I don't listen to music and select the USB as input. I can charge my phone if I play the music from the phone. I did not know this when I purchased it so I'm just sharing what I found on my Poineer system.

I recently purchased this unit, but it's no longer carried by Crutchfield

Last edited by a moderator:
Also if any have satellite radio ? And I can do without the USB then.

Thanks

Todd z

I realize this is a double din but with the adaptor from Metra it should fit nicely in the ST. I just put one in my Tundra a couple of days ago and I love it. I got mine off of Amazon for $375 and also installed an XM tuner and wired in a relay to...cough cough...bypass the parking brake override to play dvds while in motion. If your looking for a unit to do it all this one is it.

Thanks !! i am just tossing around the idea, but dont know if i want to do it....

Todd Z

I got a Clarion CZ500 from sonic's for CHEEP! Its a $200 headunit, got it for $120. They are having 3 different sales right now, all with some kick a** dirt cheap headunits. My headunit has Bluetooth built in, CD, USB, and an Aux jack. I'll hunt a couple down for you! Thinking about upgrading anyways :D

360e68cd40c0803ea4f34ed0d00a30c2.jpg

Just saw a question about USB powering devices, with my headunit I can charge my iphone with the USB even when it is not selected as the source.

Cassette sounds better Gary! Under dash Pioneer KP500. Bulletproof. :fire:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
steve,

nice !! hang in there it may have some value in a few years :grin:

when i ordered my 1977 vette i had an option of a cassette or 8 track.

i took the 8 track :sad:

I couldn't kill the one I had in high school, it remained in Pioneer's lineup for years.

Well in my '05 I've got a Kenwood DDX318 (DVD) and its awesome. fits like a glove and sounds awesome. I used to be an audio installation tech, and I can't recommend Kenwood anymore. They're the absolute best.

Latest posts