Need new leather steering wheel cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Sargent

Reaction score
My steering wheel cover looks bad, paint off shows black, all wrinkled.

Any source for a replace w/o replacing the whole wheel?

If I cut off the cover, what will it look like underneath?

Will I be able to replace with cover from Autozone etc, tho would like to have a replacement leather cover like the original, Thanks,

John in Tucson

The factory one is not a simple remove and replace......

Get the ones that sew over or wrap over the existing wheel Or just replace the wheel with a Junk yard one or new one...

Todd Z

There was a TSB on these.

Ford replaced the entire wheel as it is part of a unit.

I am sure you are likely out of coverage,,,

Thanks, u r right, too old for warranty, do u recommend go over current wrinkled leatherwrap or remove old then add wheelskins, Thanks,

John in Tucson

Wheelskins is designed to go over your existing wheel cover. You may want to call them and ask if they have anything to replace, not cover, your wheel cover.

Thanks to all, my current cover is very wrinkled, am concerned will show/feel thru with new cover so will call wheelskins to ensure if I take off the old wrinkled cover, then new one will fit correctly, Thanks again for all your wisdom, John

Just for info. I bought a Wheelskin for about 50 bucks. After about 6 months, it looks as bad as the original leather on the steering wheel. Right now, I'm a year and a month out from putting it on my wheel and ALL of the tan leather dye has worn off.

I won't be buying anything from them again.

Latest posts