Need more light??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddy Vernon

Reaction score
I want to add a set of 4-4.5" round driving lights. I need something that will give me distance down the road. Looked at Piaa but very pricey. Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Fred

I used to use the cheepo 55-100W jobs, wound up replacing them every 2 years due to rust....

My pias are holding up great.....

Todd Z

Hella 500 series - 50 bucks, great light. i even hooked up a high beam flasher to them for the fire department and they moved people out of the way fast

You want to talk inexpensive & reliable?

I put these units on my Trac. They are 6" driving lights from Harbor Freight. $14.99 each

They are 55w H3 units bright and give plenty of distance. Here they are on the Trac.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Hey I got these at the Butler County swap meet last fall and they work great, brighter than any light I've put on before and they were only $10pair with wire harness. I think the company was called mrtool.com but you can get them at harbor freight as well. Four 6" round,1.5" deep offroad lights on roof. :):cool:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
You want to talk inexpensive & reliable?

I put these units on my Trac. They are 6" driving lights from Harbor Freight. $14.99 each

I have the same cheap set-up, except that I sh!tcaned the reflectors and lenses and replaced them with 100 watt aircraft landing lights. They're connected to come on with my high beams (through a relay).

Latest posts