Need Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was rotating my tires on my 08 Trac this morning and when I took off the front passenger tire the inner side was very worn.What can I do to fix this issue?Thanks for any help in advance.

IT is most likely a toe out situation. How ever the front end should be inspected while being aligned. It could be a bad ball joint or tie rod end causing toe out while rolling forward. If not caught the alignment is pretty useless...

Last edited by a moderator:
The gen1 tracs. It would be caster, most likely.

Gen2, are struts it coud be toe or caster. Or worn lower ball joint.

I think its a bit of a misnomer to call the front shocks on the gen 2 "struts". They have upper and lower ball joints connecting the spindle to upper and lower control arms and the shock/spring assembly mounts at the top to a bracket on the frame and at the bottom to the lower control arm. I believe the bottom end of a true strut would mount directly to the top of the spindle and not to the lower control arm. Most strut designs eliminate the need for upper control arms and upper ball joints but both are used on the gen 2 Trac. I think it is more correct to call what is used on both the front and rear of the gen 2 a "coil-over shock" rather than a "strut". Just sayin'...

After I replaced all four coil-over shocks on my 2007 I had a suspension alignment done. The pass side tie rod end was also worn-out. I suspect nosnaps has the same problem.