Need Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddy Vernon

Reaction score
I can,t believe I did not get one hit on the question about the Piaa headlight bulbs. Has no one up graded their headlights. If you have any info please help. Thanks Fred

Most run the silver stars or upgraded to the special 100W harness with relays......

I have stock bulbs and have no issues..... the silver stars never last past a year on me...

Todd Z

I have no experience with PIAA bulbs, but I have used 80w lowbeams/100 watt highs with adequate results. Got a lot of flashes by other drivers though. I got rid of the stock bulbs and put in an HID set-up. 6000K is the whitest(brightest) light you can get (a higher K number only changes color, not intensity) I used Luminics ultra white bulbs in the foglamp housing (the silverstars weren't bright enough) and they are close to matching my HID bulbs (colorwise). Next, its going to be LED bulbs for everything else, should look pretty cool. BC

I run Silverstars. I work 2nd shift so I am always driving home in the dark. I just recently replaced the bulbs, but do not remember when I changed them before.

Stock bulbs are not as bright as the Silverstars are. 5+ years ago, I used a light meter to test the light output. I do not recall the numbers of the output or precentages, but there was a difference.

Tom

I usd the same set of Silver Stars in both of my Sport Tracs. I used them about 20 months in my 2001 Job1, and took them out when I traded for my 2003 Sport Trac. I had the 2003 for about 5 years before trading it on my 2008 MB C300 Sport.

I think bulb life is more related to the amount of night driving you do rather than the brand of the bulb. Also, it's important not to touch the glass part of the bulb or you will have a premature failure of the bulb.

...Rich

Latest posts