Need Help w/ Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trey Peck

Reaction score
I need help. I desperately want to upgrade the sound of my ST. I want the three things that everyone wants-

1) Sound - I want a V8 sound, no rice!!!

2) Power - Lets face it, that 4.0L just doesn't cut it sometimes

3) Cost - I need to try and keep it under $500, $300 would be even better.

Please anyone. I really am looking for the V8 sound the most. Anyone found that golden kit that delivers? Thanks to all who reply.:D

Can't help you on a certain brand, Flowmaster and Magnaflow seem to be popular choices, but here's the projects with some exhaust clips to help make your decision.

1) Need large pipes 2.5 inch / Flowmaster 40 muffler ( and it will only be 70% a V8 sound)

2) Go to big on the pipe and you will LOSE torque big time

3) complete packages ( y-pipe / Cat / Exhaust ) will be over $500.00

Trey im in the same dilemma I think Im going to get the muffler from the Dynomax Kit in SS and make the rest myself outa 2.5 inch pipe like Todd says.

I am having an exhaust like Todd told you about installed on Saturday with the pipe size, muffler and the high flow cat and y-pipe. As a matter of fact it is Todd's good friend.

I can take pics and try to get an exhaust sound for you if you would like.\

Paul H

Can also try a Home made muffler....

http://www.morgan-tec.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the Magnoflow website. I paid $305 for a complete cat-back exhaust system. If you like the Magnaflow send the Magnaflow part number and your address to [email protected] He'll give you a price including delivery to your door.

The Magnaflow is a sounding system! I'm very happy with mine.

Where is "The Woodlands, Texas"? I'm in San Antonio. Paid three hundred something for my Flowmaster 40, single in, dual out with 2 1/2 inch pipe and 16" tips at local Midas. I had two STs done there - they did a good job.

[Broken External Image]:

Wow, thanks for all your help everyone. I wasn't expecting that much response that quickly. I might just take it to Midas like "grumpy". I also was looking at the Gibson Sweep Side kits. Does anybody know if those are any good or not?

Latest posts